Please introduce yourself here!!

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, fruitbat, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

fruitbat

Re: Please introduce yourself here!!

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 am

revenante wrote: Oh well, Mark Rylance is a jolly good actor. Never mind...
I'm sorry that I replied to your first post with such negative news, revenante. :hug

I had heard about this adaptation, (I have at least one of the books at home, at my sister's recommendation) and saw that everyone who had read the books had very definite ideas about casting. I'd better put them at top of my summer reading list.

jackgill

Post by jackgill » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:10 am

hello all

Just wanted to say a quick hell
BIG BIG FAN of JI and looking forward to joining some good conversations!

Thanks and hope to speak to you soon

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 am

Welcome!

revenante

Post by revenante » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:19 am

Welcome indeed jackgill - I often find the need to say a quick "hell" too... (sorry, resident pedant!) :twisted:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 am

LOL - I have to say "hell" all the time too! ;-)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 am

Welcome to The Lost Girls!!

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello! :yip

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Welcome, jackgill :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:30 pm

iHola, Bienvenidas! Welcome, jackgill. :hug

~ML :wheee :adore :hug

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 am

Hi! :yip

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi there! I'm new. My name is Amy and I'm from Atlanta, GA, USA. Some people are always aghast at me for using my real first name on the internet and just going, Hi! Here I am! and not coming up with a cute or hip moniker, but (a) my brain is too tired (and old) these days to figure out a cute online moniker to be, and (b) I find that keeps things real and the nefarious at bay (because I also don't get crazy and give out specific information or, you know, draw people a map or anything). Plus, I wouldn't even have spoken up here if I thought any nefarious people were about on this website. Which I do not (though I do love the word nefarious and if you know of any nefarious people, please lead me to them because I find them truly fascinating).

At any rate, I've been lurking for a long, long time just getting the feel of the land and its people. I'm a late discoverer (? is that a word?) of the magnificence of all that is Mr. Isaacs, but I'm glad I have found him. And you all, who seem like good and decent people who I'd invite over for barbecues every week or at the very least a book club once per month. What I like most about this forum: Jason Isaacs has nice fans, probably because he's nice, and I think that's nice. Nice! I like nice-ness.

Other things I think you should know: I'm a teacher, I have a little girl, I like to write--one day I may get published if I can get my act together and actually, you know, send things to people so they can decide if they'd like publish them--it's a problem, and I can't go into it here because it's late and this would get even more ramble-y than it already is. And what else? I think chocolate is good, and so are naps. And that about sums me up--chocolate and naps.

Oh, and my favorite Jason Isaacs movie is Peter Pan. Because I think it's a story about conquering your fears and living your dreams which officially makes it my favorite childhood book (2nd only to Wizard of Oz, another book about conquering fear and discovering who you really are), and also I don't think Captain Hook is really all bad--I mean, he's pretty evil, but that's mostly because he just needs love. (Don't we all?) I'm also a big Case Histories fan--if I had access to Jason's agent, I would tell that person: find him something like that, but set in America (okay, fine. Set in Atlanta, specifically) (okay, fine fine fine! Set in Atlanta, specifically next door to me).

I'm glad I'm here, and I will try my best to be a good and faithful poster and Jason Isaacs promoter/admirer. I get distracted easily, though, so if I disappear it's probably because I'm napping and/or eating too many cupcakes (napping because I'm eating too many cupcakes? No matter--none of it is helpful). So basically: we're good unless I'm napping or eating cupcakes. (FYI: I don't make cupcakes; I buy them.) (Clearly, sugar is also a problem for me. In addition to several others.)

:D Amy (who apologizes for the length and ridiculousness of this introduction--bless you if you made it this far and I promise in the future to be more concise...I do recognize this may be overwhelming and also that it got freakishly out of hand)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 am

Welcome, Amy. Hope you'll have fun here :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 am

Welcome, Amy. Image

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 am

"Welcome Amy!!" You are absolutely lovely!! :D

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 am

Welcome, Amy. You will fit right in here; glad you joined us!