E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Hello, I'm doing great, but have missed you. Glad to see you here again. :D

Dig has come to Norway. Probably just question of time before it comes to the UK.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Jason went to the San Diego Comic Con to promote Awake so he is not a total newby - don't know if he hit the vendors area to walk the floor. If he did he probably went like a lot f celebs do - sunglasses & baseball cap. Some celebs say they have walked the floor in a costume to go incognito!

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:57 pm

As for DIG'S fate... Guess we'll see there too....
Here are 2 DIG-related links. The first one (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dig-s ... nt-2107193) is solely on DIG, and lets you add your comments.

The second link (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-n ... ngs-33445/) shows DIG in relation to other USA shows.

There's a definite conundrum here: Some higher-rated show(s) got axed; however, some lower-rated show(s) got the nod for another season...so maybe there's hope for those who survive Season 1!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:16 am

Only recently saw this update with Jason's answers. :wheee

So good to have explanations given directly from Himself!!!! :woot

Yeah Josh's veredict is obviously no mistake. And something we lose with the weekly episodic nature of Dig is that the action happens in a very short time. And Peter and Golan not being worried that Emma's body has not been released by Dig#6.

Waxy ears, very disturbing indeed! Makes one deaf and uncomfortable, sometimes dizzy... Poor Jason... Big silent hugs to him... :hug

Could have the wax though, to polish my floor!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:21 pm

A new update from Jason Isaacs (That's so very kind of him):
Meanwhile, in the absence of being able to look for tv stuff, I had signed up to make Blue Dog in Australia and then Night of the Lotus in Tanzania. Lotus is from a new director who I think is absurdly talented and had made a wonderful short called 'All That Way for Love’ (think the trailer’s on YouTube) that I couldn’t be in 5 years ago.
Then Gore Verbinski and The Cure for Wellness came along and booked me from June to October in Berlin. They could accommodate Australia as it’s during rehearsals but not Tanzania so, sadly, I had to pull out. The first time I’ve ever done that and it feels awful - mostly for dropping the film-makers right in it at the eleventh hour and, selfishly, for me, since it was a really wonderful script. Watch out for it eventually, I bet it’ll be great.

So I’m in Berlin, working with Dane Dehaan and Mia Goth on a paranoid thriller feeling like I’m a hundred and fifty year old veteran. Which, of course, I am to them. They’re delightful. The part is an interesting challenge in that I’m so keen - as is Gore - to find ways to avoid cliché and arouse doubt that it’s all about tone and fine lines. The internet was wrong to describe me as the villain of a horror film in almost every aspect, or at least we all wish they hadn’t so oversimplified things, but, in the end, it might work in the film’s favour to have mis-primed the audience’s expectations. We’ll see. It’s a far cry from saving the world and getting the (insane) girl in Croatia, that’s for sure.

No other work things to report as yet, unless, that is, you count conventions as work. They’re not - they’re about a thousand times more exhausting than that.

You’re right in that when I said I’d do some it wasn’t really about the money. It’s genuinely lovely meeting fans- especially kids - and probably a good PR thing overall too. I quite enjoyed the two I did so far. The best bit by far (you know me too well) has been the stand-up comedy aspect of engaging with the most partisan crowds anyone could ever dream up. So I can only hope and try to give a fond memory for everyone of their encounter. That and hanging out in the green room with a surreally eclectic bunch of actors, wrestlers and rock-stars. Where else would Lou Ferrigno, Henry Winkler, Chewbacca and the nearly naked members of GWAR share a salad bar. The conversations are priceless.

I’ll be at cons in Sydney and briefly in Perth when I’m in Australia so it’ll be fun to see if the Aussies are as fanatical as the Americans - numbers of my autographs were then tattooed permanently in Texas. I guess they’re more used to branding, after all.

Look. I went and started a novel. I’d better stop.

By the way, with all this new activity, never fear that you’ll blend in to the crowds in the giant halls. There are fans…and there are Lost Girls!

love and luck as ever

jase x
Thank you!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:09 pm

So sweet of him to say that about The Lost Girls! Thanks, Jason ;-)

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

I feel special!!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Great to hear from Jason and his projects.

I'm seeing him in Sydney at Supernova on 21 June. Was totally stoked that he decided to join in at the last minute.

Hooroo,
Carole

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Awwww!!!! Melting... How kind of him! :heart

Pity he isn't going to Tanzania! But maybe they can make Berlin look like Tanzania? Kidding...

Good to know he isn't playing a cliched villan. Hope there isn't much gore (besides Gore...).

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Great note from Jason. Glad to hear there'll be stuff for us to see . . . in a year. :D
We were spoiled this year with back-to-back Dig and Stockhlm, PA.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Yes, I like it when he sends these. I was wondering how he'd pull off Australia, Tanzania, AND Germany.

And he's a WRITER! Always so impressed with Jason's great spelling and grammar and writerly sense of voice. :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 pm

Carole, I'm jealous! Please report back everything. Will he be in a panel too?

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Carole I'm so happy you will be seeing him in Australia!!! :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Carole, I'd love to hear a report. :D

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:15 pm

As far as I'm aware, there is a panel for Jason at Supanova as well as a pic and autograph session. Jason is half the price of Nathan Fillion for pics and autographs.

I hope to get in to the panel. Should be something similar to the Cons he recently did.

I promise to share pics, thoughts etc.

Of course, I'll be taking him a goodie bag with some of his favourite Aussie treats (Tim Tams).

Hooroo,
Carole

Return to “General Forum”