E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Yoda053

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by Yoda053 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Thankyou Angel and Wolfsaver.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:40 pm

WELCOME BACK, YODA! :wheee :wheee :wheee :wheee :hands :hands :hands :hands

~ML :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 pm

The latest wistful but encouraging message from Himself:

It’s a shame about AWAKE but I guess the writing has been on the wall for a while. We made the best version of it we could and it simply didn’t find enough pairs of eyes when it went out. There are a million ways to deconstruct it and fruitless avenues of blame to explore, but in the end, even with the massive DVR bumps and the numbers of viewers online and all the critical plaudits and even, yes, that the last few episodes really hit their stride, there just simply weren’t enough people watching to justify keeping it on. Apart from the selfish disappointment I feel at not getting to hang out with a crew and cast I like so much, and the awfulness of all those people not having a job now, it does at least feel like we pulled off something a bit different and are going out on a high note, albeit creatively rather than commercially. It’s just a bummer for my summer, if you pardon my dreadful rhyming!

So, the video. It’s certainly an experience watching it – regardless of the fact it’s me. It was made by a woman called Polly Steele who is a director of both drama and documentary and who asked me if she could do a portrait a while back to go with a series of portraits she was doing. It turned out when she came to my house that she meant a video portrait. In the background you can see Emma’s grandma in the wheelchair and, obviously, Lily and Ruby waltz in and out. I was just trying not to blink and then, when she held on me for minutes in extreme close-up, think a variety of thoughts – some less noble than others – to see if it was possible to tell later. I hope not!

Since wrapping I’ve shot a few things:

1) two webisodes for my friend Jon Avnet which are part of a series called Kendra on his new premium youtube channel WIGS, due to launch on Monday. The channel will be dedicated to all things female: drama, docs etc. They’ve packed it with stars in front of and behind the camera. It’s quite exciting – not my episode but the whole venture. Feels like the gold rush and Jon and his partner Rodrigo Garcia (director on 9 lives) are right in the vanguard, they’ve staked their claim and now they’re waiting. Take a look and let me know what you think.
2) a part in Single Shot that involved a wig,a lot of tattoos and much violence. Sam Rockwell does indeed rock well as did Vancouver, and
3) the part of the English officer in a film of Elie Wiesel’s DAWN, shot in a dungeon in Germany with a crew of about 10 speaking at least double that many languages and smoking in all of them.

Unfortunately I can’t say what I’m doing next because there are a few things I might do, some I might have to drop out of and some which might disappear by themselves. Back to the freelance world I’m afraid, with all the vagaries that it entails.

Anyway, thanks again, enormously, to you for your inexplicable and boundless appetite for all things Isaacs and to everyone and anyone else who’s been helping to try and galvanize support for Awake. It was all much appreciated and taken notice of, believe me, by all of us.

Till next time, love and luck and lousy ratings

Jason x

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 13, 2012 3:17 pm

That's so kind of him. :D

Thanks for sharing, Hilary :hug

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Jason, you know we are with you 100%. No matter what you pick to do next, be it another high concept thingie or Spartacus :shock: (Don't we wish!) or DWTS (Yes, please) or a short run of something on Broadway will be dandy.

Thanks for writing us. OXOX

Thanks, Hil!

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sun May 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Things to love about Jason Isaacs, no 153: He can construct a sentence with impeccable punctuation.

:cool:

Thank you, Jason, and thank you, Hilary, for posting this. It is enormously appreciated. Now the fact that it is Sunday night doesn't seem quite so bad.

:yip :woot :hands :hug (repeated)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun May 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Jason I really hope we will see you again on TV (selfishly we love watching you weekly - even knowing you are working your ass off!). Greedy fans! Whatever projects you do - we will watch them. I will miss the actors and actresses you worked with on the show - it was a fabulous cast and the show was really starting to show how well you all were working together.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm

selfishly we love watching you weekly - even knowing you are working your ass off!
Seriously! SO MUCH RUNNING!!!!! :shock:
It's been a great ride--we look forward to the next one (oh, and best of luck for that soccer/football thang)!!

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sun May 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Thank you for thinking of us, Jason. We are so bummed about Awake and appreciated it for the intelligent, well-written show it was. We love you in all you do and look forward to future projects.
And thanks, Hilary for posting. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Happy we got to see Jason on our TVs for 13 weeks. Loved the show, the premise, the writing, the acting, the need to think, . . . the dive off the platform in the buff.

He can construct a sentence with impeccable punctuation.

Cudda done without the ampersand. :finger:

:soap
Editor

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks Hilary :cool: for sharing with us :woot

Thank you Mr Jason, for giving us a bit of insight. We anxiously look forward to your next roles...we loved Awake :yip

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun May 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Jason, thanks for your e-mail! Lovely to hear from you as always. I'm sad that awake was cancelled, hope to see you in another project very soon :hug

~me

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun May 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Ahh... How lovely! Thank you, Jason, for that message. And... thank you for Awake. :yip It was a bright spot in the TV line up. You made me cry last week, which doesn't happen often with tv shows-clearly, you all were doing something right over the past several weeks. :D

Now, if you could just promise that you will *not* leave us hanging about which reality was the real one, that would be appreciated. :cherub It's been bad enough that I have to eternally wonder about Michael Caffee, his giant scar, and his seven missing years. I don't think that I can handle endless curiosity about *another* Michael and his tenuous grip on realities. :shock:

Good luck with everything that's coming up. :woot

And, yes, laurielove, I agree. Men who can write well constructed sentences, with or without ampersands (which, I believe, add a dash of whimsy in an informal email), do make my heart skip a beat (but only in a good way). :cool:

Thank you, Hilary, for sharing. :hug

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sun May 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Awesome Hilary. Thank you so very much for sharing that email/letter with us. It is nice to see that he is willing, and able, to take the time out of his busy schedule to remember his fans. We are all disappointed right along with him that Awake won't have a second season.

I completely agree about Awake being quite the bright spot on TV while we had it. As I've said in another post, it was the only reason I was even watching anything on NBC. I wish we'd been able to better promote and encourage people to watch it. We did all we can, but until Nielsen gives all The Lost Girls like us ratings boxes, we can only affect it so much.

I am also with LadySekhmet on wanting to know which reality is the real one. I don't want to know until after the season/series finale in a couple weeks ... but I really don't want to be forever hanging on it. Maybe we can squeak that information out of him at some point.

~Beth, Michigan

LadySekhmet wrote:Ahh... How lovely! Thank you, Jason, for that message. And... thank you for Awake. :yip It was a bright spot in the TV line up. You made me cry last week, which doesn't happen often with tv shows-clearly, you all were doing something right over the past several weeks. :D

Now, if you could just promise that you will *not* leave us hanging about which reality was the real one, that would be appreciated.

Thank you, Hilary, for sharing. :hug

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 am

Thank you, Hilary for sharing this lovely message with us. :hug

Jason, we will always be behind all endeavors you pursue...."Awake" was unbelievable thanks to you, the writers. costars and everyone connected with it. I guess people don't want to think anymore...sadly they are missing out on watching the best drama on TV this season. Selfishly, I too, looked forward to Thursday nights because of you and "Awake'...you worked so diligently for us...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

We will be awaiting whatever ventures you pursue Jason no matter the genre....we know that an incredible performance awaits us....

Thank you, Jason...always.. :hug

Return to “General Forum”