E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by laurielove » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 am

Thank you to Jason for writing and to Char for posting. So wonderful to hear proper news. I'm in London at the moment and away from home and my kiddies are clamouring for some Hallowe'en fun. I'm faced with the prospect of trick or treating along the hotel corridor. Hmm.

Coincidentally, a friend of mine is involved in a major film project in Rio and must have been there at about the same time. He returned a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time he's been there and his impressions, understandably, are mirrored in Mr I's. An extraordinary place of so much diversity and contradiction, and an incredible (but frustrating, he found) place to film.

Happy Hallowe'en to all.

x

:twisted: <-- closest appropriate smily (?) I could find!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 am

I'm guessing NOT super power ... however many people who lose a function such as sight or hearing wind up with being able to use the remaining funnctions at a higher level because they rely on them more. Guess that is a super power!

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am

Great to hear from The Man, and thanks to Char for sharing. :hug

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Marie, MY first thought was a combo Michael Brodie/Jackson Britton and some sixth sense kind of thing (which would clearly be redundant, which he doesn't EVER do, but it was the first thing that came to mind). And you're correct, when you loose one sense, another usually amps up to compensate. "Deaf, dumb, blind man sure plays a mean pinball...?" Course there's also taste and smell which can be lost and compensated for too. Wonder if he wants to be in front of the camera, or behind the desk? or, as always, BOTH! :D ~ e

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:00 pm

How busy he is. Hope the ABC pilot goes through. :wheee
Thank you for keeping in touch, and, thank you Char for posting. :hug :hug

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 am

A short note from Jason to clear up about Case Histories:

Gosh it definitely wasn’t my decision. Loved walking in Jackson’s shoes. I think the BBC were not entirely enamoured of our ratings, although to be fair we were opposite the British Soap Awards, Britain’s Got Talent and then, worst of all, England versus Brazil in a world cup qualifying match. And still we held our own and even grew slightly I think. They won’t officially say no but it would take a miracle to bring him back.

Miracles have happened before.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 am

Thanks, thunder!

Wow, that was sweet of him to soothe our ruffled & worried feathers. Thank you, Jason. It's much appreciated. Although, I think that we here have lots of trust that you enjoy being Brody as much as we love watching Brody (well, at least I do). :^D Aww...now I have warm fuzzies on a Monday AM! :^>

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Thank you for hearing our cries and seeing us running around in circles and responding...thunder is right, miracles happen every day, you above all should know that. Some miracles take extra work, and luck (and just a pinch of pixie dust), but all of that is doable. We want Jackson back, if YOU want to play Jackson again, you may have to get your team together and help get signatures too. Maybe together we can surpass the mighty 10,000 but you and Amanda, and Millie et al may have to help, will ya'll try? "If you will it, it is no dream" comes to mind. I have NO clue if you'll ever read the drivel we write, but on the off chance you DO read this, I know it's not in your nature...but neither is freefalling. Hope Halloween was fun! BOO!! ~e

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Like Jason we would all love for Jackson Brodie to return to our screens. We can only petition The Powers That Be (aka the Beeb) and hope enough people want another series.

Let's do what we can to see if we are able to persuade the BBC to commission a third series. We can but hope.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." W B Yeats

Hooroo,
Carole

CaseHistories

Post by CaseHistories » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

As much as I love Jason Isaacs after seeing him in Case Histories, I don't have enough patience, time or money to watch all his projects just to get a little glimpse of him. Jason Isaacs as Jackson Brodie is just perfect! I want more of that!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:42 pm

England versus Brazil in a world cup qualifying match.
ah, this made me smile. I prefer Jackson Brodie over any Brazil qualifying match.

~me

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm sure the husband watched the soccer game and the wife watched JB on the other TV.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 am

Gutted about Case Histories but not surprised. The Beeb are being very wary at the moment. And it did have some tough opposition, unfortunately. Thanks to Jason for the explanation. That last ep of Jackson with the baby ... Flippity doo dah ... I think I've only just recovered from the epic hormone partaaay which ensued on seeing that.

Thanks for the brilliant two series we had. :D

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:31 pm

I love these nice emails from Jason--thank you for posting them.

I'm kind of excited to see the Rio film--I loved Paris Je T'aime *and* Brazil is on my short list of places to travel (when I win the lottery and have time and money) (I actually don't play the lottery; I just like to magically think about winning a lot of money suddenly).

Well, poop, about Case Histories. Television seems to be such a tricky business. And film. And publishing. Anything artsy, actually. Why is that?

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Jason has sent us an update on his current work.

I’m in Paris shooting Rosemary’s Baby for NBC and have been juggling this with a fantastically written independent film called Stockholm, Pennsylvania in Los Angeles. Flying backwards and forwards three times during the 8 week shoot – once just for a day – has taken its toll and I’m pretty sure I look the the few hundred years old that Roman Castevet needs to be.

Stockholm, PA is from a play that the playwright/director – a rather brilliant young woman called Nikole Beckwith – adapted into a screenplay which won her a prestigious Nicholls fellowship, a place on the Black List (an annual list of the best unproduced screenplays in Hollywood) and an invitation to the Sundance Laboratory. It’s about a young woman (Saoirse Ronan) who’s been held in a basement for 18 years (by me, naturally) and her difficulty adapting to the claustrophobic needs of her mother (Cynthia Nixon) when she’s found and released. It’s really extraordinary writing. Fingers crossed we didn’t screw it up from page to screen.

In the summer I’m off to Israel to shoot DIG, which you’ve read about online. It’s a mystery in the vein of a Dan Brown-type thriller and, though I’ve only read the first episode, the two main writers – Gideon Raff and Tim Kring – are rather masterful at weaving an intriguing web. It feels like very controversial material but hopefully I’ll avoid getting lynched.

I decided against any of the pilots on offer this year because I’m still licking my wounds from The Surgeon General not getting picked up. The one I was developing for ABC this year didn’t go either, obviously, and suddenly there was the offer from USA of making something interesting that would definitely be on the air.
In the can, coming out sometime I hope, are Things People Do, which I loved making and has just been at the Berlin and SXSW film festivals and, also, Field of Lost Shoes, Dawn and Fury – which definitely will come out but blink and you’ll miss me.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time over the past year in meetings about meetings and developing or trying to develop or sell various projects. Los Angeles is a town where you could have very encouraging and positive meetings all day, every day, for decades and not actually shoot a single second of footage. It’s time to go back to work!

Thank you!

Return to “General Forum”