LA FILM FESTIVAL

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8, fruitbat, kjshd05, Marie

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

LA FILM FESTIVAL

Post by kjshd05 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2012/05/29 ... is-mcgurk/

Jason is scheduled to appear at the June 17th Coffee Talk :woot

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: LA FILM FESTIVAL

Post by Chari910 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am

THANX Char :woot pics up on Getty

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks!

Even more pics on Wireimage :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks guys.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Thank you! His beard is back... :D

~me

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Always love a guy with facial hair...LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes, very nice...

Hmmm... in prep for a goatee (*she says hopefully*) for Sweetwater? A well-kept goatee is always suitable for a handsome villian in all time periods. *looks over at Hook's piccie*

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:05 pm

A long section from the coffee-talk :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lwjs1AVqvw

...and to the offended woman - First: There's a time and place for every question, and this was wrong time and place. And second: He wasn't talking about you . :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:47 pm

thunder, I couldn't hear what she was annoyed about. Could you repeat it?

btw Jason makes a very good improvised emcee.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm

First, she told about herself being sexually assaulted on audition, and asked soemthing about what the union would do...It's a panel, not a therapy circle! Kinda awkward silence after that one... Then Jason asked for another question, because they don't really have anything to say. And as they speak, Ji say something about hoping a movie he's in doing really great, but then it doesn't, and he gets a knee that will hurt for the rest of his life instead. At that time she says something, and JI say sorry for offending her. (he really didn't have to). And then she says that she had an accident on set, and hurt her leg, then she walks out. :lol it's actually funny...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm

she was going on about sexual harrassment in the entertainment business and if the unions are to bear the brunt of that issue. She mentioned something about Awake, and then Jason made some sort of joke (like he always does, I think any of us would have let it roll off our backs, or told him to get his mind out of the gutter...), but SHE got very offended and left, but it was a wrong time, wrong place comment/question -something better said in the foyer than on camera... LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Jason is ALWAYS great at leading the emcee thingies, he's just a good leader in general...LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I think that he said something silly. It was one of those jokes that you make when you might feel a little awkward or uncomfortable and then you realize that perhaps you should have stopped talking - but by then it's too late. I think that she was the person who walked in front of the camera (presumably to leave the room?). I can't imagine that they would have said anything else if she had still been in the room. Yeah, it was a just a tad awkward. I think that the entire room felt awkward and weird by the time she left. She probably would have been okay, if he hadn't rammed his foot in his mouth quite so neatly. Poor Jason - he forgot he was in uber-PC LA.

She might have said that she was in an episode or knew someone in an episode of Awake (the epi with the abused little girl). I'm not sure all I heard was: Awake, episode, abused girl...
Last edited by LadySekhmet on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaseHistories

Post by CaseHistories » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Looks like they took down that video. I was scratching my head after watching it yesterday. I couldn't catch much of what that "offended lady" said. I am glad there is a little discussion going on here in this forum. I am sure JI did not mean to offend, but he did say something that is not 100% PC. But he was very gracious in his apologies. I thought about attending the event, looked like anyone could get tickets. But I was working that day. Might as well for I was not sure I wanted to act all silly and fangirl. Would have loved to talk to him in person though... maybe next time.