"I want to be a Bond baddie."

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

"I want to be a Bond baddie."

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am

Harry Potter villain Jason Isaacs is keen to return to the dark side for another movie blockbuster - he wants to be considered for the next Bond baddie.

The British actor spent the best part of a decade playing devious Lucius Malfoy in the Potter films and he tells WENN he'd love a shot at following Javier Bardem, who plays Skyfall's evil mastermind Raoul Silva.

He says, "I'd love to be a Bond villain. I've never been approached and I've never been available... I was signed up to Harry Potter for years and other things but I would do it in a heartbeat, particularly because I'm a big fan of Daniel Craig's; I think he's a terrific Bond."

Read the rest:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Jason-Isaacs-I-w ... fault.aspx

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: "I want to be a Bond baddie."

Post by thunder » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 am

He would be great as a Bond-villain.

Example of how news spread on the web - According to orange.co.uk, he's apparently desperate.
:roll: Desperate?!

I'm not positng the link, if you want to click on BS like that, you can find it yourself.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 am

Hmm... He'd make an excellent Bond baddie, but I don't know if I could go see it. It would simply be sensory overload with the combination of Daniel Craig *and* him, I might spontaneously burst into flame in the theater - and that would be embarassing. ;^)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 am

He would be a great Bond villain. One of the best I think. And we already know he looks wonderful in a Tux!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 am

Gee wiz and golly willikers! If Fandango fans want those OTHER actors (not to dismiss them by ANY means, they're all wonderful actors)...let them eat cake I say! If it's up to Danial Craig, my money is that he'd probably pull for Jason (who never quite comes off as desperate, unless you count licking Pixar's windows clean with his tongue, ick...). Have they begun the NEXT one already? I'm sure he knows how to contact Daniel and toss his golf cap into the ring...(and THAT would probably be official enough). LN

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am

Not up to Daniel Craig. It's the producers (Barbara Broccoli and Harry saltzman) who make the decisions.

I would think that one look at those pale blues would convince them.

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 pm

While I was watching Skyfall, I kept thinking what a wonderful role a Bond villain would be for Jason - and it seems he agrees!

Last time he appeared with Daniel Craig they were lovers, weren't they? :cool:

Start practising stroking the white cat, Jason...

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Helen - I read an interview Daniel Craig did where he invited Bardem (sp?) to be the baddie - they were drinking - and Bardem agreed. The next day Daniel was all - oh shit what have I done? But Barbara and Harry agreed he would be great. So I would not totally discount Daniel's ability to have some influence on a casting decision. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

I stand corrected, Marie. I'm sure that they value his opinion. After all, they want to keep him happy, since he's been grumbling about wanting out of his contract.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Being Bond changes your life. ;-)

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

It was also Daniel who asked Sam Mendes to direct Skyfall, and then he had to clear it with the Broccolis.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

. . . And that's what I get for not reading more Daniel Craig interviews. : point

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 am

He would be excellent of course, but because Bond villians always do, his character would have some creepy physical disfigurement. But I think it'd be way more satisfying to have him give Craig a run for his money in the hot man category. Show everyone what Bond they could've had . . . :)

I enjoyed Skyfall but was slightly annoyed that Bardem's portrayal of a psychopath somehow involved gay-ness. As though that is also an indicator of cray cray evil. Its not that evil cant be gay as well as straight, but it was presented like it was somehow supposed to illustrate it. Hmpf.

I am ready for a female Bond villian for sure. That list had the mighty fierce Tilda Swinton as a fan favorite and I'd back that all the way.

Return to “General Forum”