Jason’s YouTube Channel

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Jason’s YouTube Channel

Post by thunder » Sun May 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Jason doing a Q and A on British Red Cross Tik Tok tomorrow, and has filmed a promo. In the shower.
https://twitter.com/jasonsfolly/status/ ... 7026952193

So I guess, I'll get myself a TikTok. :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 pm

That bastard. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Now I've got to join TikTok? I gotta draw the line somewhere. :roll:

Must admit it was nice to see him in the shower, tho.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 am

I got myself a TikTok, that’s a strange place. I don’t think I’m going to use it much. Maybe just tonight, unless I’m too shy. :oops:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:51 pm

I missed it. Please share.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon May 25, 2020 3:12 pm

It lasted around 1 hour and 40 minutes. I should have taken notes... It was a bit chaotic. I was a bit clueless at first. But knowing Jason's stories well from hearing them a lot of times, I sort of know when he's closing in on the punch line. So I typed in the question, then waited and the minute he reached for his glasses to read the new questions or to see how much ghad been donated, I hit send. Success! He answered two of my questions. I asked what his first experience with acting was like, and how he got involved with The Red Cross. He gave really long answers too, so I was very happy. He got a lot of the usual questions, a lot about Harry Potter.

Jason was in his usual form, he looked a bit unsure of how to do it in the beginning. He didn't have anyone to talk to, but he found the right form quickly, I thought. He tried to call Tom Felton a couple of times, but he didn't pick up. This was only him talking, while people were sending in questions. Someone reported him for inappropriate content. He didn't go any longer than he usually does, as far as I am conserned. Wonder who would do that? He raised over 1000 pounds that TikTok will double, so it went very well.

:D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon May 25, 2020 4:37 pm

I completely forgot and with the time difference I get so messed up anyway. If anyone heard any new stories I’d love to hear them.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:24 pm

So. Is there a link to it on TikTok? Do they not save these things? :scratch

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 26, 2020 1:09 am

It's not on British Red Cross TikTok, maybe it was just a live-thing, or maybe they will put it up later somewhere else. One person asked Jason if it's OK that they record it, and Jason answered: If I told you "no", would that stop you? He doesn't like people to film his Q&As, I believe he thinks the same about tings like this.

He told a couple of new stories that I don't think I've heard before. One about Capital City, that I suspect was what caused the warning of inappropriate content, one about boxing, and some other stories that he told in a new way, or added a different perspective to it. I wouldn't do his stories justice retelling them here. He also talked about upcoming projects, that maybe will happen once it's safe. Most of the things he talked about, he has also talked about in the recent chats, interviews and podcasts lately.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 am

Thanks so much for the report, thunder :yip

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue May 26, 2020 10:35 am

I meant to come post a heads-up about this, but spaced it--and what with Real Life and the time difference and all, I didn't make it either.
I also have vague misgivings about Tik-Tok itself, so have never downloaded it... but I confess I'm sorry I didn't get to see this!

I was hoping that someone would ask Himself about his putative middle name!

https://medium.com/@simonferguson889/ti ... 9d3bb138ae

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 26, 2020 11:39 am

Getting a question answered in this was like trying to hit a fast moving target. There were almost 600 people at most, and everyone post comments, and ask for "happy birthday", and other shout outs constantly. All the questions were constantly scrolling up, and Jason had a hard time reading them quickly enough. I got two questions answered, but only after I understood that I had to time it, and I think he answered because they were proper questions. I had a lot of questions that weren't answered, but the game of trying to hit the right moment was very fun. :mrgreen: And when he answered my questions, I was like score :woot

I thought if we continued to send proper questions, it would last longer, so I kept sending a lot of them. The Red Cross person kept nagging him about not giving long answers and doing more shout outs, but I'm glad he didn't listen to that person much. I also had the feeling that The Red Cross person just cut him off in the end, he did get to say "good bye/thank you", but it was kind of cut short.

Anyway, I liked how personal this was. It was just Jason talking for over an hour and a half, and there were no other person in the room that he could see. So the energy was a little more different than interviews and convention q&a's that I've seen. There wasn't anyone there to influence him, even if he was obviously aware that we were a lot pf people watching. Not sure what I'm trying to say here, but it felt a bit different. It was just Jason sitting in his bedroom talking, more unfiltered, maybe?

:D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:09 pm

Um. What is ]his middle name? I don't think I've read it anywhere . . . that I can recall. :hit

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 26, 2020 2:42 pm

Hot Wheels discovered that he had gotten a middle name on Wikipedia.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Oh. Michael. DH's middle name.

Return to “General Forum”