Love these images.

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Love these images.

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:03 am

Last edited by Anniemouse on Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Love these images.

Post by thunder » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:05 pm

I've seen it before. I think it's from a play he did at the Fringe Festival. "The Black and White Minstrels" or something like that... He talked about it in an interview how people came and expected it to be about something else, and left during the interval. I think it's from that play, but I'm not 100 % sure.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Thank you, Annie! I have not seen ANY of these pix (with the exception of the skateboarding-flip picture). I'm a bit concerned for the baby he was holding in one hand, tho'.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 am

i was wondering if it was one of his daughters. I love the look on the baby's face. Seems to be having a great time. Looks like some play date. :cherub

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:00 am

Is that a real baby? I wonder if it's a model of some sort?

The dog looks like one that was used in an episode of Case Histories, so the photo is possibly from that.

If Jason was in the Edinburgh Fringe when he was very young, the first photo can't be from that because he looks too old. He did do something for mental health in Edinburgh once. There used to be a mental hospital at Craiglockhart that dealt with officers suffering from "shell shock" from WW1. It was attended by some famous people including the war poets Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen. The site is now part of Napier University.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 am

He has been to The Fringe festival more than once. The Black and White Minstrels was in 1992... so young, but not very young. I found a review here, BTW:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 42539.html

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:13 am

Yes that is the dog from Case Histories. Jason did not have very nice things to say about said doggo.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:54 am

Would love to know moore about that stage image. Could it be from that 1992 production?. What did the dog do?

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:11 am

He was allergic to it, and it wasn't trained as a movie dog... so it was hard to make the dog do as they wanted. :mrgreen:

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:05 pm

It's a shame there are no photos online for that production of The Black and White Minstrels (I found a photo of a different production with Tom Conti!) so it's impossible to say definitely it is that. I have read the review and another precis of the play, and the photo does not really seem to match the description - but doesn't rule it out either.

I can see why the title would confuse people. There was once a variety TV programme with a similar name in the UK (which would never be shown these days, because the minstrel singers were in black-face).

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:17 pm

I'm not sure where I got the information from, it may have been someone on tumblr or something. Take it with a pinch of salt :scratch

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

I recall The Black and White Minstral show (I must be about 4 years old when it was on) . I think the title would confuse people of a certain vintage. Thank you for all the information.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:45 pm

Anniemouse, may I ask you please to replace the photos with a link to their original site?
I know that in this age of Instagram and Pinterest, it's natural to take photos for granted and I know none of these is new, but we try to keep pictures off (unless we've taken them ourselves). This both reduces the amount of storage the site uses and protects us from copyright infringement.

I was going to send you a discreet private message, but this is something that fans are likely to do again (who doesn't want to share glorious images of Jason Isaacs!!! and some of these, thanks, I'd never seen before) so I thought it helpful to post it as a general request.

(Many years ago on a fan site far far away, this issue was its death. So. Thanks for understanding.)

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Apologies for the problem I caused. That is the last thing I intended.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:00 pm

No problem!!!!
Thank you, and thank you for reviving opportunities to discuss so many JI projects, new and familiar!

Return to “General Forum”