Meeting Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Meeting Jason

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:00 am

Have any of you met Jason and if so would love to read your stories.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Meeting Jason

Post by thunder » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:11 pm

I've only met him once, or rather twice, during the same weekend. On Stockholm Comic Con. I wrote about it here: https://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/vie ... =30#p78346

If you have an opportunity, I will recommend going to a convention to see him, even if you'll only get brief encounters. It's a memory for life. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm

That sounded so cool Thunder. My fear about conventions is that my arthritus will not let me stand for long periods; so I fear that they might not be the best option for me. Oh well reading your adventures is rather wonderful instead.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Ah!! I can help you there. Last year (2019), I fractured my ankle and Marie had knee surgery. I was in a boot with a cane, and she walked with a cane at the Portland, Oregon, ComicCon. Because of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act—I'm sure the National Health Service has something similar), we were given special wrist bands allowing us priority access (the front of ALL lines). And. And. And. My DH and Char were given the same wrist bands for being our respective helpers. I'm sure you'll qualify. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:02 am

I live in hope. Something to look forward to in these dark winter months.

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:25 pm

I have met Jason twice, I am sure I wrote about it somewhere on here. Once was when he did The Dumb Waiter in London, which I went to with fellow fan Carole from Oz, whom many Lost Girls also know. We were lucky, there were only ourselves and one other fan waiting for him after the matinee, so we had chance to chat.

A whole group of US Lost Girls met him later in London during the same run.

I met him again later at the Edinburgh Film Festival when he was there along with some other actors and the director for a showing of Skeletons at The Cameo cinema, and a Q&A afterwards. As it was summer, it was still light after the Q&A and I found Jason outside. I managed to chat with him, and he collared a passer-by to take a photo of us (it was before selfies became ubiquitous, and I had a camera with me). He was wearing a white shirt that was rather dazzling in the photo. It's quite funny because the photo turned out to have been taken with large communal rubbish bins behind us across the street.

Both times he was charming and friendly as he always is with fans.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:54 pm

LOL Helen the knee surgery thing makes me laugh. I saw Jason less than 1 month after knee replacement surgery at the Miami Amazing Con - It was over the 4th of July holiday and its very hot and humid in Miami Beach that time of year. That really kept attendance down. My husband was kind enough to push me around in a wheel chair. The bandages were off the knee but it was quite disgusting looking - so of course I could not wait to show it too Jason. He looked a bit squeamish! :spew2

Not sure how many times I’ve met him. I don’t like to count blessings. He has always been wonderful to his fans.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 am

Thank you for sharing the memories.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:25 am

Annie, I have arthritis too. I remember being quite tired after the long days, but it was fine. There were some possibilities to sit down occasionally,and I think just being there gave me more energy. But yes, not the best for my swollen joints...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Anniemouse, the last time I met Jason (at a Con in DC), my adult daughter came with us. She had just had a very minor surgery, but feared discomfort with long walking (it was a hike from the subway station) or extended standing, so I investigated a wheelchair rental. As it was, I hit a charity shop to search for some costume bits, and it had not one but TWO foldable wheelchairs for sale! so I just brought one with us.
The rental places all had the option to deliver to the Conference Center. You might get by with a lower-profile type walker with a seat?

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:59 am

Thank you for the information.

Return to “General Forum”