"An Actor Despairs" Interview

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

"An Actor Despairs" Interview

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:31 am

It's 52 minutes long, and only part 1 so far. I don't know what they'll talk about yet, but I have high expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5d_2g8BU0

:wheee

servalan

Re: "An Actor Despairs" Interview

Post by servalan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:03 pm

It's a very good interview - it covered mostly the same topics as the Collider interview. Both interviewers really know their stuff. This guy is a real Jason fan.

I didn't know that Jason knew Rufus Sewell so well.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:55 pm

I really enjoyed it. Interesting to hear of his friendships with the likes of Rufus Sewell. That must have been hard for him to work out how to fund his acting training and he sounds like he was not entirely happy there.

Also interesting to hear about the advice he recieved from Ian McKellen. I really enjoy hearing Jason talk about things.

Great interview and the interviewer seemed a massive fan.

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:42 am

The Ian McKellen impersonation has turned up in quite a few interviews - Jason is a very good mimic.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:28 pm

I get the impression doing Ian McKellen is his party piece... :mrgreen:

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:24 am

Part 2 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI7FnYUIRmQ

Almost an hour an a half, and it's probably one of the most personal interviews I have seen of Jason. Very brave and honest talk towards the end.

:hug

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:29 am

I found that deeply moving.

Ok completed the whole interview now. Had no idea about Jason's mother that is so sad to hear about her issues. Love how he gets on with the interviewer, very chatty and sociable. I like how Jason seems to have his feet on the ground about fame and seems very balanced about how destructive and empty the fame game is.
I had a conversation recently that my great grandparents probably had more choice, easier access and cheaper tickets to the cinema than I do about a 6 hour round trip to the multi plex for me.
Also am shocked and saddend that Jason had such a hard time after Peter Pan. What ever the issues were with the movie (which I love by the way) none of them were down to him.
I wonder if Jason would like doing the Open University online as it has kept me sane and is really interested. Hard work, great fun and keeps the mind occupied

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Well. That took the better part of my Sunday. But. Well worth it. There was old stuff. There was new stuff. All entertaining and insightful. Thanks for posting it, thunder. It's almost 5 pm. Must have lunch.

Return to “General Forum”