Who am I this time? Podcast

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Who am I this time? Podcast

Post by thunder » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Jason will talk about Civvies with David Morissey on the Who am I this time? podcast. Episode will be released on Wednesday.
https://twitter.com/waittpodcast/status ... 0729366528

Thanks to @JasonIsaacsNews on Twitter. :D

Anniemouse

Re: Who am I this time? Podcast

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Looking forward to this.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Spoilers........

I was really intruiged by this podcast and even though I have unfortuneately never seen the series I learned a lot from the discussion.

Loved the Julliette Binoche moment (Including the description of what he was wearing)
Wondered if anyone had ever heard about the hard time he had making that series and the director. To be honest I got the impression he had not felt safe on set which again threw me.
I think I understand acting more as well. It seems to be as much about reacting to the other person in our scene.
I felt so sad that Jason seems to feel his career is in a different place. He seemed rather whistful, which threw me.
He is deeply proud of Scars.

A thought proving piece.

Oh and the chest wig; I must see the chest wig.
Last edited by Anniemouse on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks, Annie. I haven’t had time to listen yet, looking forward to it

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Has anyone got around to listening to this. I really enjoyed it.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:32 am

I have, sorry I was late to post. (I was on vacation and only had my phone... and then I forgot to post about it when I came home :oops: :bag: )

I really liked the talk about the behind the scenes. Laughed at the Juliette Binoche story. I hadn't heard about the filming of Civvies before. It's an old movie, and probably why he doesn't talk about it much. I had heard about hte chest wig before. I don't think he had a bad time filming Civvies, even if they had some disagreements. The director didn'thave much experience with filming fiction and directing actors, and I think that's why there were some issues. Jason said also that he loved working with the director.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:56 pm

The Juliette Binoche story cracked me up. I realized, to my embarrassment, that I was confusing David Morrissey (in my defense, a much less prominent figure in America than in the UK) with Owen Teale, and wondered why DM didn't mention working with JI in Dangerous Lady :oops:

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks for this link. :hug I have now listened, and I heard some new Jason stories as well as a very few old ones too. It isn't clear how Jason & David are such good friends, I don't recall them being in anything together, it must be something I missed.

I always like Jason not being precious about the job of an actor. Yes, the Juliette Binoche story was funny, as was Jason asking/telling Emma to be quiet because he was recording.

I will save the website because David has interviewed so many other interesting actors too, I will dip into some of the others when I have a chance.

Return to “General Forum”