How do we judge roles actors play?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Malfoy Grandma

How do we judge roles actors play?

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:24 am

:evil: Recently saw a commentary from a supposed JI fan, regretting that he was so great as a gay guy in "Dangerous Lady" and in their opinion he was only cast in that role because the directors (Name One!) do not like him! I have never read such idiocy! They chose him because he was the very best for the acting effort! I think I need cold water on my face! Apparently some homophobes believe it is sinful to play such a part so expertly. WOW! My gay grandson loves JI and that is not any insinuation as to JI's personal business, but only that my grandson respects a very handsome actor who can place himself in a role so expertly! I have to stop! I am lecturing again!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:56 am

Well said MG. It sounds to me like their observation was based on conjecture and not any real solid facts. I don't know of any director (or actor) who's worked with Jason that doesn't have anything but praise for the guy, and that goes double for the fans who've met him in real life.

Malfoy Grandma

Thanks Gillian!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am

:oops: I am still royally ticked! But your good comment works as well as a glass of icewater, and I don't have to wipe up the spill!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:14 am

*giggle*

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:46 am

They chose him because he was the very best for the acting effort!

And because, as Jason has often said, his price is not as high as the competition.

tsk! tsk!

Helen

Return to “General Forum”