Anyone know where this is from?

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, kjshd05, Marie, fruitbat, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8, LadyLucius

ln419

Re: Anyone know where this is from?

Post by ln419 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Well, I believe that in a heartbeat! ;-) ~ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri May 23, 2014 10:13 pm

We do the whole recorder/little kid thing over here, too. I learned both recorder and flute. Well, the flute lessons were bona fide music lessons in junior high or so. The recorders were just something they taught us in elementary school as very small kids in order to torment our parents, I think. It's like a starter instrument. yes, ellen, the recorder and flute are completely different instruments from construction all the way down to how you play them. :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Not a clue, but I believe you both...I learned piano at 8. I know that's an instrument. The same one I learned on is sitting in my living room as I type, now my son plays it, but he's self taught. He's really talented (if I do say so myself), and he's taking violin, he's sort of gifted with music and voices...watch out Jason, another youngen climbing your ladder! :cool: ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 25, 2014 2:45 pm

We played the recorder too. Poor teacher, 25 kids trying to play the same song, and the sound isn't exactly comfortable to begin with.
I hear they learn the xylophone now, instead.

In junior high, we were taught playing the guitar. But I'm not very good. I can do Tom Dooley etc, but everyone needs to wait 2 secs until I've changed the chord. :oops:
Hang down you head Tom wait Dooley

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 am

LOL - the images (and sounds) come back to me!!!!!