"DANGEROUS LADY" wow

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Malfoy Grandma

"DANGEROUS LADY" wow

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:15 am

aaa.gif My birthday gift includes the double DVD "Dangerous Lady" of which I had neither heard nor read anything at all! I made the big mistake of turning it on at 8 p.m. and naturally could not stop till that horrible ending with JI shot, bloody, and dead! MY LORD HELP ME! I actually cried! That was certainly a really great experience. I could not go to sleep afterward, and find myself comparing to BROTHERHOOD, with our pale American version of Irish Gangster families suffering much in the comparison! I just couldn't believe how great JI looked throughout, how great he was in every scene, and why, why, why do I not see screen caps of these shots! Deliver me from evil! Now there was a film full of the exact idea of a Catholic family! On and on I will go.....Love It!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:12 am

MG, there are a few shots of Mickey Ryan in the Gallery (http://jasonisaacsonline.com/gallery/album01?page=2--they were shared by Char, who has BAGS of 'em, but I just can't find the link right now. :-( Sorry!

Malfoy Grandma

thanks for pics, Hilary

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:00 pm

That was really a nice little site. I am getting such a huge collection of photos of JI that soon I will have to have a separate zip holder for just those! Oh, well. The images of Dangerous Lady show JI with a much better hair job than in Brotherhood. Makes him look lots younger, don't you think?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:22 pm

That was really a nice little site.
Why thankee--that's the gallery of the website for which this is the message board! As noted, anything in that album was scavenged, a fair amount from screencaps made by Char. Char has a lovely, and very substantial, website of her own, with loads of Mickey Ryan shots, and it's that I couldn't find a link to. If she don't turn up spontaneously, maybe I'll e-mail and ask her; right now the link on her filmography only goes to IMDb's page, and that ain't no good, dangit.
a much better hair job than in Brotherhood. Makes him look lots younger, don't you think?
Well chile, it WAS released in 1995!!! I looked a fair sight younger mydamnself! Now that I reread that, I wonder if you didn't mean to say his hair in Dangerous Lady was better than his hair in Passionada, a wig that will live in infamy?? I like his hair in Brotherhood, because I believe it's the way he's wearing it as himself. I prefer it swept back, but I suppose forward helps obscure the hairline, which may, by Hollywood standards, be regarded as receding. *shrug*
As for Passionada, I (and thousands of others) am just at a loss.

But back to Dangerous Lady: I did think it was a very fine piece of work on JI's part, and he has spoken with fondness of Susan Lynch's performance, so I assume he enjoyed working with her too.
That death scene is remarkably affecting--I swear you can watch the light, the spark, fade from his eyes.

The series--I have it classified with movies on the credits page, but it was actually a TV show, I think--was based on a first novel, and it wasn't until I re-watched the movie The Krays that I noticed the similarities between it and DL.
My mother-in-law had grown up in London in the 30s; she said there had been gangsters in her neighbourhood, but people tolerated their presence. Sort of like Hezbollah--they may have blown the shit out of stuff, but they would also stop by and bring a sack of groceries to a household where somebody'd lost a job or whatever.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:58 pm

All of mine were done from the VHS before it was released on DVD and they were gone when webshots closed me down a few years ago.

You can find DVD caps on Alys' MagnificentPercy.com
She has them all in zip file here
http://www.magnificentpercy.com/zip/dangerouslady.zip

The page with all the caps is here:
http://www.geordiejohnson.net/cgi-bin/y ... 1128054091
Last edited by Chari910 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malfoy Grandma

Many Thanks -- you guys are just great!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:27 am

:roll: I really appreciate all the work people like you do for fools like me! I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to have you as new-found friends! About my own hair ten years ago! ------------- That is a long blank to indicate unmentionable. Of course you are right about the years gap, but I am just absolutely stupefied by the acting in that Dangerous Lady series! I have watched it three nights in a row and am having the weirdest bunch of dreams, not nightmares! I have never been so impressed with one actor! Thanks again.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:39 am

:hit *sorry, Char!!!!*

I forgot about the Great Webshots Fiasco. Thanks for helping out anyway!

Malfoy Grandma

Char is NOT a real person, but an Angel!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:44 am

:eek: Yes, it's true, ladies! Our wonderful Char who does all the picture giving and sharing and work, is really from the Goddess Above who watches over fools! And I love her!

Those zip files on MAGNIFICENTPERCY are just great! Thanks a lot!

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:54 am

I love Jason in this mini-series. It's still my most favorite performance, simply because of the range and intensity of Jason's emotional performance. When Michael's mother kicks him out, and he later stands in the street, watching, heartbroken, while she kisses Geoff and welcomes him into her home, wow. That's some powerful stuff.

Malfoy Grandma

Dangerous Lady -- mama!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:21 am

:twisted: That wonderful actress who plays the Ryan family mama in this series is just about perfect! Script greats: In the first place, we get to see how she alters her memories of reality by seeing the baby girl born, and she insists on giving him to young Michael, and later she accuses Michael of taking the baby from her forcefully! Very interesting! We see her talking to the older son in prison before he is murdered, she seems in collaboration with his career as a thief and strong-arm robber, chides him for getting caught, not for committing the crime! Very interesting! She is just great, and all without apparently having her face lifted clear off her skull as do most American stars! My favorite JI film by a hundred stars!

Malfoy Grandma

DL script from novel!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:29 am

Finally got my copy of the book Dangerous Lady on which this great film series if based. The book is good, but I am surprised at what a really good script they got from it, quite a bit different from the book, and really much better in many ways! Very interesting to see the changes made by the script writer.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Mon May 14, 2007 9:21 pm

Well I finally just saw this movie myself a week or two ago. JI does an amazing job on it. You can actually believe he's in love with his lover, even if he does end up whacking him...

I did feel like the movie as a whole was a bit rushed. That plot would have been perfect for a format like Brotherhood, meaning a tv series. I think it was too rushed in places and would have been great to see it more fleshed out.

JI is too gorgeous in this, he literally made my heart skip a beat watching him...!! Sigh, that man gets me all twitterpated, I tell ya...!

-Foodie :D

lyra70

Post by lyra70 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:28 am

I just downloaded the images - what a great idea, on zipped format like that. It took seconds.

If only there would be one main site where people could upload or download all Jason's multimedia in zipped format like this. There are so many photo album sites - could none of these offer video? Of course I am grateful to even be able to just look at the screencaps but to see actual acting would be heaven.

If someone put something together I'd be willing to do my share and upload the DVDs I do have of him. It would be sort of like a Limewire thing.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Tue May 15, 2007 9:00 am

http://www.portraitplanet.com/jif/media.html

Lyra70, here's a link to a JI multimedia site. It's only got stuff up to his appearances on the West Wing, but it's still pretty cool. I don't know if this is where you were looking or not, but check it out!

-Foodie

malfoygrandma

Foodie: You saw the BEST!

Post by malfoygrandma » Tue May 15, 2007 10:52 am

:oops: I love it that you enjoyed DL so much. Remember, on TV it WAS a series, it has been put on CD and we feel we must watch it all at once, which is what I did and do! I have it memorized and I still love it above all of his other series or films. He is just about perfect in it! And some of the portraits of him I have from downloads as my most favorite JI portraits! Ah, well, isn't it nice to find someone who agrees with you?

Return to “Older classics”