Good Coming to DVD

Good had its official UK premiere on 17 April, 2009; it is widely available on DVD and Blu-ray

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:01 pm

EW every week lists movies being released on DVD. And Surprise! They listed Good.
They didn't mention Jason but said that Viggo Mortensen shines as a liberal professor seduced by Nazism.

At least someone finally listed the movie and they rated it as a B.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 pm

E-mail tonight from Amazon saying my order has been shipped.

Finally.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 am

Yay for you!! :D

~me

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:46 am

I've got mine since forever. It's quite ok but it sounds somewhat strange that they couldnt translate the german NS- military ranks. So they talk to one person in english and finish with a german word with a STRONG english accent. Quite funny for german ears^^

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 am

It has been some time since I watched "Good". I may watch it again soon.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 am

Sat and watched DVD of Good last night. An interesting and thoughtful movie.
I'll let it digest for awhile and then watch it again. Too much to take in at one sitting.

There were plenty of extras with interviews of the cast and crew. Different because they were divided into bits of 25 and 35 seconds.
There was also a 1/2 hour segment showing them shooting the movie
There was a shot of Viggo and Jason being served beer. Jason raised it to his mouth, got foam on his lips and when the director
said cut he spit it out. Interesting knowing that he doesn't drink.

All in all it was worth the wait.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:51 am

There was a shot of Viggo and Jason being served beer. Jason raised it to his mouth, got foam on his lips and when the director
said cut he spit it out. Interesting knowing that he doesn't drink.
yeah....he's just like me, I hate alcohol and don't like men who drinks a lot or who feels that he must have a drink of beer every night or has to go to a bar every weekend with his friends. Guess I found one more reason to love JI ;)

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am

Just got word from Amazon that they're shipping Good today . . . plus, I get a $7 discount from when I ordered it. Now that's really Good!! :wheee

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:54 am

Gee! I only got a $3.50 discount.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:35 pm

My final cost was $15.49. It could be that I'd ordered mine before you did, and the price was much higher then. When the rest of the orders started coming in, they started discounting the selling price.
I *heart* Amazon's pre-order price guarantee.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:05 am

Different because they were divided into bits of 25 and 35 seconds.

grannybear, that is the weirdest interview format I've ever seen! They eliminated the interviewer's questions and pieced together the answers. Did the interviewer have a strange/funny voice? Did they forget to turn on the interviewer's mic? Very, very unusual . . . but not in a good way. [pun intended]

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Helen....You're right. It is strange. It's almost as if they gave a talk and then it was divided up into short segments and questions inserted.
Also, especially with Jason, there was an answer and further on a short answer to the same question.

I also thought the segment showing them shooting was interesting. Having to repeat the same short bit over and over and they all looked the same.
I kept thinking what a waste of time. How much different can walking down the sidewalk be?

Is this why movies are so expensive to film?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm no expert, but sometimes they shoot a scene--even if it's perfect--a second or third time just in case there's an unexpected problem with the first take, like a problem with the film itself, or a bird/object going through the scene, or anything that could spoil a shot. Or, if an actor is not giving the director what he/she wants, they redo the scenes many times until the director is satisfied. Same goes for some actors who aren't happy with a performance in the first few takes. That's only one of the things that make filming expensive.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I understand that but they were filming the scene with the 3 people singing and Jason walking past the camera and to me each time seemed the same.
The director just kept saying "again". But since I'm not any kind of expert there probably was a difference.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Do they have alcohol-free beers in Hungary? I know they're available here . . . it may have been the alcohol, it may have been that he simply doesn't like beer, it may have been the calories. :-|

Return to “Good”