Scars at the Princess Anne

This short 'recreation-documentary' was shown on the UK's Channel 4 in July 2006.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, kate, again

Gillian
Site Admin

Scars at the Princess Anne

Post by Gillian » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Noticed this at the BAFTA website that Hil mentioned earlier. The Princess Anne will also host a special screening of the documentary Scars on October 2nd.

Scars

A Kudos Film and Television production for Channel 4

Dir: Leo Regan
Scr: Leo Regan
Cast: Jason Isaacs / Genevieve O'Reilly

Followed by a Q&A with Jason Isaacs and Leo Regan

BAFTA award-winning director, Leo Regan (100% White, Comfortably Numb), presents a shocking film which enters the mind of a man tormented by the brutal attacks he inflicted on others. Scars is a contemporary story, describing a world where casual and indiscriminate violence is commonplace. Jason Isaacs (Black Hawk Down, The Patriot) performs the raw, often unbearably intense, story of Chris (not his real name) in his own words.

Through a series of interviews with Chris, Regan gained extraordinary insight into a world normally closed to outsiders. The film opens our eyes to the roots of violence and the grip that it has on some people's lives. Chris recounts a cycle of brutality which originated in his childhood, encouraged by his father, where crime and violence was the norm.

Now married with a child, Chris describes a catalogue of violent attacks he committed which continue to disturb him 20 years later. Now haunted by the images and gripped by remorse: "I want to apologise to every single person...(for) everything I done, all the things that haunt me, you know...I don't think there is anything that I can do or say to that person that is going to make that person feel better."

Booking: To reserve a place in advance, please e-mail events@bafta.org or call 020 7292 5858

Academy Members: Free
Non-members: £10

http://www.bafta.org/site/page23.html#10

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Oh, to be in England.

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:30 pm

Did anyone go to this screening?

Return to “Scars”