The Dumb Waiter. The Final Performances

Jason Isaacs appeared opposite Lee Evans in this play by Harold Pinter for seven weeks in the spring of 2007, at Trafalgar Studios in London.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Ob$e$$ed

The Dumb Waiter. The Final Performances

Post by Ob$e$$ed » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:59 am

Well I went back down to London yesterday for the final day of TDW.
I managed to snag a ticket to the final evening performance by an amazing stroke of fate ( they had been sold out for some time).My friend checked before the matinee and no tickets for the evening were available but I asked again on my way out after the matinee and one had become available. I don't think I have ever got my purse out so fast.

The matinee was brilliant, Jason and Lee were on top form, Jason is still suffering from a cold but sounded much better. The only mishap was the clip falling out of Jason's gun (again) at the very last (and worst moment) but he recovered quickly like the professional that he is.
We waited for a while after the matinee and Jason came down and explained that he was rushing off to buy presents for the people at the theatre but was till generous enough to take the time to chat to us and sign for some people before he ran off toward Covent Garden.

The evening show was a treasure, Lee and Jason really pulled out all the stops, Lee was hamming it up a little at times but Jason gave as good as he got and delivered a masterful 'Ben'.

There were surprisingly few people at the stage door after the final show, I had another brief conversation with the Director, the lovely Harry Burton and Emma arrived to help Jason clear out his dressing room.

Lee and Jason came down looking very happy, both stood for photos and signed for the fans, most of whom seemed to have seen the show more than once.
I was lucky enough to get another photo with Jason, another wonderful squeeze and he made me promise that if he does something on stage which runs for a year I must ration myself to going once per week. :D
I said I'd try, he said he hoped it would not be too long before he saw us again.
I thanked Jason for all he had done for his fans and admirers over the past 7 weeks and he in turn graciously thanked us all for being there for him.
So after 7 weeks and seeing 8 shows, each different from the last I can honestly say it has been an incredible experience.
I have some lovely, personal memories of times when it was just Jason and the 2 or 3 of us that I know we will all treasure forever.

I've put a few of the pictures from yesterday into my Photobucket along with a selection of my photos from the past 7 weeks.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/ ... %20Waiter/
Last edited by Ob$e$$ed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malfoygrandma

Thanks for the great pics

Post by malfoygrandma » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:29 pm

:D Happy for you, and thanks very much.... great pics.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:37 pm

You are very lucky to get the ticket to the last performance. That is SO special. I tried to ask my group to stay one more day for it but everyone needs one full day before going back to work.

On Friday night, they sold 'standing room only' tickets. People stood at the top behind the last row. That wasn't too bad since it only lasted 55 mins.

My_Love_4_Jason

Last Performance

Post by My_Love_4_Jason » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:24 pm

Glad someone did go to the last performance, even if to ask for a ticket!
Mandy, head on shoulders did dhow how happy you were, oh so happy!
Checked out all the piccies, really nice and to reasure for the rest of your life.
Now you have to keep your promise to go see Jason when he does another stage show :D
{Hugs}
Barb.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:47 pm

Great report and pics, Mandy! Congrats on scoring tickets for the final show!

Angel-Eyes

the dumb waiter

Post by Angel-Eyes » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:15 pm

hey,
i went to see the second last performance, i had been waiting all the time i knew it was on to get to go and my sister finally took me on the last day, it was the first ever professional performance i have ever been to and it was by far the greatest i could ever hope to see, i am so glad i went to see that instead of something else.

Jason was amazing although i was a bit biased, and of course the fact that i spent the first twenty minutes trying to calm down over the fact that i was in the same room as him. ha ha ha.

it was very upsetting though, because we live so far away we had to leave straight away when it had finished, but i had hoped so much that i would have been able to get to meet him face to face and hopefully have got his autograph, but it was still amazing to see him.

by the way, i actually thought that the whole clip falling out of his gun was part of the performance because it actually ran so smoothly and was handled so profesionally that it didnt notice that much.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Welcome Angel Eyes! You know, Jason's pretty quick with his wits so I'm not surprised he made the clip thing look like it was actually part of the show.

Thanks for your report!

Angel-Eyes

Post by Angel-Eyes » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:09 am

hey thats cool,
its just nice to have finally found a site that talks about him.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Yes...Welcome Angel Eyes and I know just what you mean...all I ever want to do is talk about Jason...he is a very dear man!! :D

Hugs,
Kate

My_Love_4_Jason

Jason, Jason and Jason

Post by My_Love_4_Jason » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:30 pm

I agree with Kate, it's fun talking about Jason but for me, I live in a senior complex, NO ONE to really talk with about Jason except to my young cat Snickers :D
All have a Happy Easter with family and friends!
{Hugs}
Barb.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 am

Thank you Barb, and I am sure Snickers will listen as all of us here as well. Yes, I have to have my fix everyday and that is talking about Jason and of course the best is seeing this dear man.

Hugs,
Kate

Return to “The Dumb Waiter”