Jason's new project - La conjura de El Escorial

A fencing Jason Isaacs--in tights, no less!! Sorry--a historical drama concerning machinations and maneuverings in the court of Spain's Philip II, erstwhile husband to England's Queen Mary Tudor and dispatcher of the ill-fated Armada. Velvet and ruffed collars. Unfortunately, it appeared only sporadically in theatres, and is tough to find even on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

malfoygrandma

Thanks again Char!

Post by malfoygrandma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 am

:oops: The pictures and information on this site are just great. Thanks so much for finding it and sharing with us. I have to see this movie! I do not care if it is only in Espanol....I will guess and make my own meanings!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Actually, if you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage, there's a making of video that clearly shows the actors delivering their lines in English.

The only question then is, will the film be subtitled in Spanish, or dubbed for English and Spanish audiences using the actors actual voices.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:58 am

or dubbed for English and Spanish audiences using the actors actual voices.
I hope they go this route. Although I would see the piture even if it is subtitled I'd much rather hear it in English (best of all would be to have the DVD be able to switch between English and Spanish with the original actors voices - now that would be cool!)

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:38 pm

Found details of where they will be shooting this week. Wish we have this kind of details all the time. Wish I could go to Spain..like ....now. :-(

Google's translation

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 am

Here's a link to the blog of a man appearing in the production--he describes himself as being from Liverpool, which seems to be more reinforcement for the idea that this will be available in SOME form in English:

http://cavernradioshowcase.blogspot.com ... rpool.html

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:42 pm

OMG...yes thank you dear Char and I so agree....NOW!!!!!! :hug :hug

What a sweet article Hil...thank you love! :hug :hug

Kate :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 pm

He would so pass out if he saw the lot of us. It would be like Sundance again "What the f#$@ are you doing here?" :D

I want to go - someone please give me gobs of money so I can go.......... SIGH! I've always wanted to visit Spain!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks, Char and Hil. I'm much more hopeful of a wider release after having read both articles.

*fingers crossed*

malfoygrandma

Spanish Web Site

Post by malfoygrandma » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:27 pm

:oops: My spanish is very scant but that beautiful Spanish site about the spanish countess seems to present Jason as her lover, mentioning love between them, and also his name on the list of actors is first. Does this mean he is considered the star of the film? Or is all this just wishful thinking on my part?

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Jason and Julia are both headliners, but with the supporting cast it's more like an ensemble piece.

BTW, Char's article mentions that filming is to take place over a twelve month period. (??) I thought production was supposed to end around Christmas?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm

I think that must be 12 'weeks', Gillian. Translation boo-boo.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:12 am

That would definitely make more sense, Char.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 am

The costumes are looking better, ain't they? The ruffs seem under better control.
So--an eyepatch for the Princess! Intriguing! And her tiny squirrel monkey--aaaaaawww!!!! Teh cute!! (I know, I know, piss-poor choice of pet in real life. But still. La Princesa is a great site, Char!)

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:46 am

And her tiny squirrel monkey--aaaaaawww!!!!
In a ruff collar himself, no less. Very Paris Hilton.
I guess it's not that poor a choice though, when you're not the one cleaning up his shit.

malfoygrandma

Perez!

Post by malfoygrandma » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:54 am

:cool: After days and days, working and working (sorry about pity begging) I see that the Spanish site tells a nice in-depth amount about Perez, with lots of mention about the Inquisition, and his being involved in Alchemy, and all sorts of neat things, and that he died in poverty in Paris, never having received a pardon. There are also several other paintings of him, one of which I think says he was tortured and scarred on the face, thought I may have entirely mistranslated that! But the nice videos from the Spanish site have been made into a video by Char on You Tube, and ti works much better than trying to watch them on the Spanish site. Thanks yet again to Char for her hard work.

Return to “La Conjura de El Escorial (aka The El Escorial Conspiracy)”