Reviews

Jason Isaacs is slated (mystifyingly) to portray Taylor Lautner's father in this suspense thriller.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

grannybear

Re: Reviews

Post by grannybear » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 am

Let's face it. The audience this is aimed at would not be happy with more screen time for the supporting cast.
This is Taylor Lautner's picture. Period. ........

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:13 am

You're absolutely right, grannybear. Of course we want more Jason, but the target audience wants to see TL! :-(

~me

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Read that review this morning, Char. Definitely what the picture needed.

MORE JASON!!!!

Can we say it any louder to people? We know it, why don't the film makers?

Hooroo,
Carole

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Not exactly a review but TL talks about Jason:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 374134883A
Taylor loved exchanging blows with Jason in their new film, which is out now.
"That was a very long and intense fight scene, and we had gloves on so we were really going at it," he admitted.
"It was awesome. He's a great guy and a lot of fun to hang around with. It's a very long scene so that was a 12-14 hour day of non-stop fighting
Taylor has admired Jason for years.
"I have looked up to him for a while, ever since I saw him as the bad guy in The Patriot. I loved him," he said.

~me

inamac

Post by inamac » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:10 pm

I've just been listening to Mark Kermode's review (towards the end of the podcast - http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/kermode). Very amused by the way he was caught between his admiration for Jason, his liking of the Twilight films, and his critical faculties. (But at least his kids enjoyed it - which is really the point).

Also loved the listener who described the presence of good actors (Jason, Siguorney Weaver, Alfred Molina etc.) as 'honey for the posters'. I know exactly what she meant - bees and fans being attracted to honey.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm

I liked the phrase-"the supporting cast were like the flying buttresses holding the building up". Love it!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 pm

I went to see "Abduction" with my dear hubby and we sort of liked it.....you have to know that Bob, first loves Jason even though his part is not much and secondly all he ever wants is action which is abundant in this pic. Taylor tends to frown a great deal but I do feel there is some potential here.

When Nathan discovers the parents who raised him aren't his real folks it triggers events and leaves him running for his life. But of course he is not alone, Karen is running with him. He has always felt that something isn't right and when he discovers a photo of himself as a little boy on a missing persons website his fears become a reality, his parents aren't his and all parts of his life unravel.

Jason is wonderful in the short spam of screen time he has, you discover he is teaching Nathan everything he will need to fight this team of killers...he keeps hearing his voice telling him what to do. After his parents are brutally murdered Karen is the only person he can really trust. They constantly race from the assassins and federal agents. But Nathan soon realizes that he will have to confront the enemy and only then will he find his biological father as well...

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 am

Tell me, does he ever have any good thoughts about the couple that raised him?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 am

It would have been nice to end the movie with Nathan attending the funeral of his 'fake' parents and pay them respect and love for the sacrifice they made for him.

He should have just asked them first also when he found that photo. He lived with them for 17 years-can't believe he didn't trust them enough to ask.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

Tell me, does he ever have any good thoughts about the couple that raised him?

Yes, he acknowledges them for teaching him the skills to cope with his future. I also recall that he felt sad that they died protecting him.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Still waiting for an online stream in a good quality. I really don't want to spend money on a movie with Tylor Lautner :D Will watch it online or on DVD and after Jason's part is over it's finished for me :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:04 pm

I got to see this one last week, and man, I'm fixing to become TEAM JACOB myself. BUT, I will always and forever be TEAM JASON! :woot :yip

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:14 pm

It's out on dvd today, which means I can watch it "on demand" on tv.
As I'm working the evening shift today, that means I can watch it now. Which is what I am doing. Now that Jason's character is dead I can type anyway and not feel I am missing anything. :D

So far, not bad. As I know that it's not a Jason movie, I'm able to enjoy it. Plus, if pressed, I would have to say that I am a "Team Jacob" kind of gal. :oops:

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:39 am

I have just seen this and reading this thread was eye opening.
Spoilers.

I enjoyed this daft movie. Great to see the fight scene in the garden with Kevin and Nathan as Mam watched on. Best scene in the movie. Also when his mum was lying dead on the floor and Keving just for a split second sees her before he dies felt really moving.

The plot was silly
Why keep the stained shirt.
Why not tell him as a small child what had happened as he had memories and was seeing the 'Therapist'
Why not more spotlight on his parents death and his grief.

The film did feel under delveloped. Felt sorry that Taylor got such a kicking. I have seen worse movies.

Watched the extras and Jason's bloopers were hilarious especially the face he used when whelding and the accident he had with the lamp in the fight scene.

Return to “Abduction”