Sixth Episode SPOILERS

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, kjshd05, Marie, fruitbat, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Sixth Episode SPOILERS

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 am

I can't believe we've reached the end of this series...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0123x70

"Released from jail, Jackson tries to find Joanna Hunter before something bad happens"

grannybear

Re: Sixth Episode SPOILERS

Post by grannybear » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 am

Who would've thought when he signed for this series it would bring him such rave reviews and make him a sex symbol?

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 am

When the end credits roll tonight I shall be weeping inconsolably.

It has just got better and better though. Love love love it.

More please.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

In the interview between Jason and Kate Atkinson, he told Kate to write more TV scripts, he didn't want
another novel...LOL

I think she is receptive to the idea, and in my opinion, Case Histories has been well recd.
We shall see more

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Well, if she writes the scripts, she'll have back the control that she didn't have with the adaptations from her books. It's a win-win situation. I hope she goes for it.

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Superb.

Great script, beautifully brought to life.

Mr I quite wonderful - some of the best acting I've seen from him. So bloody good.

Gutted it's over. Really gutted. I defy any woman not to be in love with Jackson Brodie.

And they didn't say 'And Case Histories will be back with a new series next year.' But I guess that was too much to hope for at this stage.

Sigh.

Off to weep gently.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks for telling us about it, Laurielove, can't wait to see it :D

inamac

Post by inamac » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:15 pm

That was quite wonderful. Beautifully wrapped up all the loose ends, and Brodie was awesome (though sometimes a bit too superhuman!)

Am looking forward now to getting the DVD - and catching up on all the bits I missed because the dog was barking.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:48 pm

thanx everyone for your thoughts and yes, bring on the DVDs :woot

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm

As well as all the episodes we can watch at our leisure, the DVD will have extras including interview with Jason. Which is what we hope for.

Hooroo,
Carole

inamac

Post by inamac » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:25 am

laurielove wrote: And they didn't say 'And Case Histories will be back with a new series next year.' But I guess that was too much to hope for at this stage.
Successes come as a surprise to the BBC these days (look at Sherlock)

Also the current head at the Beeb has said that he won't commission new drama with male detectives.

However, I am hopeful that we'll get a seasonal repeat of the series at Christmas (it would be an ideal time), and a possible announcement of at least a further adaptation of Started Early... some time in 2012 (Mr Isaacs' schedule permitting - Sherlock also had problems announcing a new series because the actors were contracted elsewhere, if they can do it...)

Fingers firmly crossed.

(Edited because I can't believe that I did the 'inserted apostrophe' thing to Isaacs - brain gone to mush clearly.)

inamac

Post by inamac » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 am

I've just been looking at the twitter comments - http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23casehistories - very much a majority loved the show. And a lot of requests for a new series. I'm particularly fond of the person who described the Sunday and Monday scheduling as 'a lovely warm hug around the awfulness of Monday morning'. Perfect description.

Also love the bloke who is trying to console is wife for the end of the show: Told wife I'd walk around shirtless next Monday saying 'Eh up chuck, I'm right buff, me' but she says it won't be the same. - *g*

I must get on with my proper review. And order the DVD for next week.

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 am

I just finished watching the final episode of Case Histories on iplayer. What a moving and fitting end to this series. Brilliantly done. Loved the humour as well.

I like the way the series has been left open in case they decide to make another. I hope the Beeb does decide to do so.

Jason has been excellent throughout as Jackson Brodie. A true humanitarian. A loving, but tortured soul. As Jason says, every woman's fantasy man.

Now I can't wait for the DVD to arrive. Hopefully won't be too long, as it gets released in the UK next week.

Hooroo,
Carole

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am

Missing it already.

I just wanted to say something which I have neglected to mention throughout these little feedback sessions -

It's very very British. (I want to say English, but as it's set in Scotland that would be spectacularly inappropriate.) Jackson is certainly very English. (As was so eloquently pointed out to him by the drug dealer last night).

I think that's why I loved it so much. And, yes what a great way to describe - a warm cosy hug round difficult Monday mornings (or words to that effect). Not that the content was particularly cosy or easy, but it certainly distracted and enclosed us from the hell of Monday mornings. (They're always hell).

Another thing to mention - there were so many laugh aloud moments. I loved the two last week and this with regard to the baddies - similar moments - the first was the psychopathic Terry Smith's reaction to being bitten on the nose (Oh, that's dirty!) and then the disgusting pathetic excuse for a human being dealer's reaction to having his family jewels (not sure what else to call them on here) gripped into oblivion as recompense for his actions - 'I might not be able to have kids anymore!'

So funny and so human.

Elevated what could have been mere Sunday night crime fodder to so so much more. (Well, one of the things that did.)

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I am totally gonna miss seeing new eps every week.

Luved the last 10 minutes of this program :cool:

can't wait to see more eps written and produced keeping fingers crossed