Sixth Episode SPOILERS

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

crawfoc99

Re: Sixth Episode SPOILERS

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:37 pm

I too am missing this series already as well. THankfully with iplayer I'll have a few more watchings of the remaining episodes before they disappear. It almost makes me want to go running around Edinburgh next time I'm there. :D

I too enjoyed the interaction between Jackson and the drug dealers. Loved the way he grabbed him by the 'crown jewels'. Loved Jackson's comment to the drug dealer afterwards about not being able to have children. Wonderfully sarcastic.

I hope that the series has been popular enough to get a greenlight for series number 2.

Hooroo,
Carole

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:11 am

a great analogy of the last episode:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/an ... s/1.274327

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:39 am

Excellent review and precise of episode 6, Kim. Many thanks.

We too hope that Case Histories does get a second season. Jason himself stated in the chat with Richard Bacon at Wimbledon yesterday, that if it goes ahead, he'll make sure that they find a way for him to do it.

Hooroo,
Carole

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:04 am

a great analogy of the last episode

. . . of the torso and supposed love life of Jackson Brodie. The cases and story line? . . . not so much.

But I'm not complaining. :cool:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am

If they decide to do another series, since he's not in every scene they can shoot around him and then bring him in to do all his scenes at the same time. Rough but it can be done.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 pm

But...but... but... it can't be the only season? What about Jackson and Louise? What happened to Jackson's sister? Why did he got kicked out of the police force or whatever happened? There has to be another season to explain all of this to me... or I managed to miss all the answers throughout the series. LOL!

By the way, is it just me or did anyone else got disappointed by the 'soldier' who found the young Joanna Hunter? Wouldn't it have been perfectly plausible to use the real Jackson since we don't see his face anyway?

Lizzie

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm

There is only one more book with Jackson in it. "Started Early, Took My Dog". But that doesn't mean they can't get a screen writer and with the authors approval write further scripts. It's been done before with other series.
Jason has said that he would find a way to do further stories even if he's tied up with Awake.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Lizzie I will try and help:

I agree, they should have used a better body double at the end, to show the much younger Jackson, finding the little
girl in the dunes...you can tell it's not Jason at all

When Louise tells Jackson what he said to her in the hospital, he replied that's about right
she said OK and he said is it?? When she asks him to stay he says we have time...so bring on the
future relationship.

Jacksons sister was brutally attacked and murdered and the person was never found who committed this crime. It has haunted Jackson
all his life, and what drives him. He joined the army and became a policeman to help people. He is kicked off the police force, for informing
on fellow officers. Bad cops. His tatt reads Death Before Dishonor. So he couldnt lie about dirty cops. There had to be justice.

Jackson's brother felt so guilty over the sisters death (he was supposed to pick her up at the bus stop and he didnt) he tried to hang
himself. In the book, the brother dies, in this series he doesnt. More guilt for Jackson as his brother spends the rest of his life as a vegetable
in a wheelchair, unable to communicate...how horrible.

Grannybear, in the interview between Jason and Kate Atkinson, Jason jokes about her NOT writing another novel, but writing scripts for
another series...she seemed open to the idea...could be interesting, or if they got the same guy Ashley to write from Monastic Prods I'll bet
the new stories would be wonderful....

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:30 pm

When I said they had different writers on other series when they ran out of books I was thinking of the Inspector Lynley stories.
They made several extra years worth with the authors permission and they came out fine.
If Kate Atkinson wants to write them herself all the better. She has a nice touch with her writing.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

kjshd05 wrote:Lizzie I will try and help:
Jacksons sister was brutally attacked and murdered and the person was never found who committed this crime. It has haunted Jackson
all his life, and what drives him. He joined the army and became a policeman to help people. He is kicked off the police force, for informing
on fellow officers. Bad cops. His tatt reads Death Before Dishonor. So he couldnt lie about dirty cops. There had to be justice.
Thanks for helping out! I figured out that the bloke who stopped young Jackson when they find the body was his brother but only when they showed him in the series. Before that, I thought he was a cop who was a friend of the family or something. It would've been nice if they had explained Jackson's loyalty and will to do justice, it would've influenced his character in a positive way imho. Thanks for the information.

*hugs*
Lizzie

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 pm

I LOVED Case Histories, especially for the shirtless Jackon Brodie. I do hope there is to be a second series.

~me

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:17 pm

I got my second copy of the DVD delivered last night (first copy one of the discs came loose was was scratched beyong repair). Watched episode 3 so far. (I've seen 1 and 2 so many times already). Looking forward to watching disc 2 with the final 3 episodes tonight.

Saw Gwyneth Keyworth (who played Reggie in Eps 5 and 6) in a new episode of Midsomer Murders on Sunday night.

Good to see her getting more roles. I thought she was excellent.

Hooroo,
Carole

Return to “Case Histories”