Case Histories actors in other projects

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Re: Case Histories actors in other projects

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:18 pm

I think that Mr. S was quite the jack-of-all-trades and he did a lot of different things (newspaper, book-keeping (I suppose that's where he learned to juggle the non-existent funds for Selfridge's beginnings? lol) insurance) that led to Marshall Fields and then eventually marrying into money.

I know - Piven is always larger than life in most of his roles, and he mostly seems to do comedy or borderline comedy-drama rather than heavy, intense drama. It's enjoyable, but I have to agree DA it is not. ;^) And - it's a poor replacement for a new Case Histories! *shakes fist at BBC*

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Case Histories 2 is bound to come out SOMETIME this year, probably before January 2014 I'm willing to wager... probably around the same time Single Shot (unless SOME people are going to Tribecca to report on that one), or Sweet Vengence (available at Amazon.co.uk only after June 10th or something), or Dawn (which will also probably only be available at Amazon.co.uk). Actually, IF TSG is picked up, I believe it's supposed to air in the fall! Wouldn't THAT be something!?! 'Yeah, that would be great' she thinks in her wildest dreams....e :bang

*to a mod: sorry, I think I stuck this in a wrong thread, my apologies, I was commenting on LS's last line. Will someone more adept at rearranging please to the proper thread. Apologies again, ln

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I saw the actress who played Jackson's ex-wife in a movie on SCY-FY called, Triassic Attack. It took several minutes of watching to remember where I'd seen her, but I knew she'd played someone connected to JI in a movie.
had an American accent, and she spoke rather slowly.

~ML :hands :woot

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri May 17, 2013 11:14 am

I keep forgetting about this. Neve McIntosh, who played "Joanna Hunter" plays "Madame Vastra". a recurring character on Doctor Who.

Here is a picture of her in character. (Can't think why I didn't recognise her the first time I saw her.)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 pm

I've just seen the first two episodes of Sherlock, series 3, with Amanda Abbington. I've read that some fans are unhappy with the new series, but I love it. And Amanda's character makes it better. I recommend it.

Folks in the states, it is coming to PBS soon, Jan 19, in some areas. (Not mine.) Check your local PBS channel's schedule.

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Amanda Abbington is actually married to Dr Watson actor Martin Freeman IRL too, so no wonder they act well together. She's blonde in Sherlock, so she looks a little different.

I think it's an interesting take on the Holmes/Watson relationship, to portray Mary Watson as liking Holmes in spite of his oddities, and encouraging them to continue their working partnership - (even in the middle of their wedding!)

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 pm

I nearly forgot about this, Neve McIntosh also played a woman who tortures Mr. Renfield on NBC's DRACULA. Was watching one night, and her face seemed so familiar, but I couldn't place it. Googled the episode, and that's when it came to me. Silly I nearly forgot who she is. :bang :oops:

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

revenante

Post by revenante » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 am

servalan wrote:Amanda Abbington is actually married to Dr Watson actor Martin Freeman IRL too...
Ah, in fact they are not actually married IRL but are following the sterling example of "happily unmarried with kids" as set by Jason and Emma (*takes off well-worn Pedant Hat for another few minutes*)
:cherub

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 pm

(but Jason and Emma ARE married now), and I think it may be difficult on growing children when they become aware that their parents aren't wed. Yes, to each his own; but kids are just finicky that way...

revenante

Post by revenante » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 am

ln419 wrote:(but Jason and Emma ARE married now
Apologies ln - I thought "unmarried" was stiil the status quo and bow to your superior knowledge. When did that happen? Were any Lost Girls invited?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Haha, you're funny! Put it THIS way: I wasn't invited. Check your mail. x

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Natasha Little, "Julia" is in CH is in The Night Manager, with Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman and Tom Hollander.

It got rave reviews, and although I am enjoying it, (I still have to watch the last episode), I think the story is pretty typical thriller stuff; it's the cast that make it noteworthy.

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:24 pm

I loved The Night Manager. Unlike many TV things it had a satisfactory ending! Hugh Laurie was seriously scary in this. I knew he was a good actor after seeing House, but this performance surpassed anything else I've ever seen him do.

Tom Hiddleston is a good actor and gorgeous too. He has a whole new following after this show.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 pm

servalan wrote:I loved The Night Manager. Unlike many TV things it had a satisfactory ending! Hugh Laurie was seriously scary in this. I knew he was a good actor after seeing House, but this performance surpassed anything else I've ever seen him do.

Tom Hiddleston is a good actor and gorgeous too. He has a whole new following after this show.
And garnered much speculation about the possibility of him being the next Bond.

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:29 am

Tom himself said on Graham Norton's show that it was just because he was playing a spy, and the most famous British spy is ... Bond, James Bond.

There are talks about a sequel to The Night Manager, but it would have to be really well written to match up to the original. The TV version used up all the story in the book by John le Carre (though apparently they changed the ending). I knew the Olivia Colman part was a man in the book - so obviously not pregnant!

If that happens, it might be more reason for Tom not to be Bond as well, the parts would be too similar.

I'd love Jason to be a Bond villain - and I think he would too, I'm sure he has said as much.

Return to “Case Histories”