Case Histories Series 2 DVD

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Case Histories Series 2 DVD

Post by Helen8 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 am

This morning, I received an email from Amazon that Case Histories Series 2 (US version) is available for preorder. Got mine!! :wheee

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A27 ... il_1p_6_ti

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am

Yea!!!!! Thanks for letting us know. I pre-ordered it also! Be warned though - Jason said this one is darker that the first series.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm glad you guys got your orders in, I pre-ordered mine in February, but it doesn't seem to matter, they have NO CLUE when it'll be in stock (just checked).

Marie: Darker? Yikes! Thought he went to get some R&R and slip into Jackson's skin, slum-it a bit and have a bit of fun. Dark doesn't sound fun (I guess it depends on who is doing the lighting-and who is IN the lighting...).

I need a new "Jason Fix" LN

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Helen8 wrote:This morning, I received an email from Amazon that Case Histories Series 2 (US version) is available for preorder. Got mine!! :wheee

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A27 ... il_1p_6_ti
I pre-ordered mine in February also. I'm hoping that since you received an email from Amazon that it is available for preorder means we may know a date soon?????

And when I get THE email saying that the dvd will be available and it is in transit to be in my hot little hands ~ you will hear me :woot ! ::rofl

~cadie

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 am

New release date for Region 2 on play.com. June 10. Well, let's see... :cafe
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/39695655 ... 7b57%7d%2b

Thanks to @Roselady64 on Twitter

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:14 am

Yes thunder, there IS a date associated with region 2, unfortunationatly not so with region 1. This information is still 'classified' and apparently we in region 1 will be getting our orders as soon as they decide to be sending them out (I just checked :mad: ). My sole consolation is that all my movies are upstairs, and not in our flooded basement.

So for all those of us living in the Chgo area, I hope your basements are dry, and drive safely; more rain on the way. Thoughts and prayers go out to the running community and city of Boston, Waco Texas, Happy 65th Birthday to Israel, and to the earthquake victims in Pakestan and Iran; it has indeed been a busy week for world news. Ah, to live in quieter, simpler times.

Apologies for the last paragraph that didn't have a proper place to 'go'; my daughter lives and goes to college in Boston, for occasional split seconds the world can get VERY small. Thanks for your tolerance. ln

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I highly suspect they will not release a region 1 version until CH2 is shown in the US (PBS or BBCA). I could be wrong (and hope I am) but I don't remember them issuing the the first round until after PBS showed it.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm

I think I received mine just before the last episode was shown. So, you're right, Marie, about not selling it before PBS begins to air it.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Well, I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered mine. I don't expect until it airs in the US, so it will be pleasant future surprise. It seems like the price dropped as it was $27.99 tonight. Wasn't it a bit more a little bit ago?

Darker can be good. I'm not too worried if it's darker, I never felt that Jackson was ever a light and breezy sort of guy, just as long as the scripts are as good as the first set of scripts.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am

I got another email from Amazon (US) today regarding no release date yet for CH2. I agree that it probably won't be released until it is shown on PBS - I hope it is shown on PBS. Hopefully this summer or fall. Looking forward to season 2.

Cadie

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am

When I ordered mine on 8 April, Lady S, it was $35.99. Glad Amazon refunds the difference when the price drops. Obviously, presales are good for it to drop 8 bucks! There's plenty of interest in Jason and Case Histories. :wheee

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 am

Just received email from Amazon about the UK DVD: June 3. :D

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Same here. In the same order as Sweetwater as well.

Two Jason items at once. How will I survive?

Hooroo,
Carole

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Well, you lucky duckling a two-fer! Savior the moment, doesn't happen often, happy days are indeed here for YOU! I'm getting Sweet Vengence, but decided to wait for CH region 1, so hopefully that'll be in as few months as possible, Amazon still doesn't offer a date for THAT. I WILL be very happy for Sweet Vengence though (a little Jason can go a long way, ya know?) :D :yip LN

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:01 am

Got it today! (Still waiting for Sweetwater and Civvies). Extra on the DVD is the JI video diaries, although I haven't checked it out yet. :D

Return to “Case Histories”