BBC trailers (with some CH series 2)

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: BBC trailers (with some CH series 2)

Post by Marie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:39 am

I have to wait that long .... damn. Hope we get to see it on Masterpiece Theatre or BBCA before then.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am

Ok, so I guess I will take a chill pill, just sit back and wait.

Thanks Thunder.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

thunder wrote:Just received message from Amazon, saying DVD will be out Nov 29... :cafe

Wonder if this date is for Amazon UK and/or Amazon North America? I hope they show it on PBS Masterpiece Mystery this year. I'll be waiting patiently for my email from Amazon that it's on it's way. :mrgreen:

~cadie

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 pm

erm, yup NCGirl, I'm terribly afraid it does. I just checked MY Amazon account and it too unfortunatly says Nov. 29th. I was ok waiting a couple of weeks after the March 30th date, now I'm ever so much more disappointed (joining the rank and file here I guess) in the extra 6 month wait; oh well, c'est la vie I guess. By my calculations, we won't be seeing Jason in action until oh, I guess Dawn will be first, IF it ever comes to North America ( or a wait for DVD), then I guess Sweetwater, what-end of May? Then we have no news on Single Shot yet, do we? THEN CH, and I think I read they're in Atlanta shooting the pilot for SG in March/April, so I guess he's heading down there very soon, IF what I read was correct. Hmmm, sorry to have stuck everything in 1 thread, it probably should have been 1 sentence per thread, please excuse my run-on thought process. LN

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 am

Personal issues going on yesterday, so I didn't read the email properly. I reread the email, and realized it hasn't been delayed until November, just delayed and no new date. Maybe we won't have to wait that long? :D
Sorry for the confusion.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 am

thunder, hope all is well. Don't apologize for confusion, that the studios keep delaying stuff is no one's fault; I was just trying to figure it out in my head and out the tips of my fingers, and I'm sure I'm wrong too; it was just my best guess at THIS particular moment. I'm sure it's likely to change again at a moments notice. Hope your day went well. e

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks, ln. It's going the right way.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm

ln419 wrote:erm, yup NCGirl, I'm terribly afraid it does. I just checked MY Amazon account and it too unfortunatly says Nov. 29th. I was ok waiting a couple of weeks after the March 30th date, now I'm ever so much more disappointed (joining the rank and file here I guess) in the extra 6 month wait;
Hmmmm.....Amazon doesn't give me a specific date ~ this is what is in my "cart" regarding my order for Case Histories - 2:

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Case Histories, Case Histories, Series 2"

:-(

~cadie

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 am

Ouch ... that's a lot longer than we thought we'd have to wait for it. {frowns} It would seem that it won't be on television until later than we thought too then, at least for the US. Maybe something happened to delay the editing and marketing?

~Beth (Michigan)

thunder wrote:Just received message from Amazon, saying DVD will be out Nov 29... :cafe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew ... well that is some good news then that maybe it won't be as long. LOL

I echo what NCGirl said a little later in this thread ... that's what my amazon order says too. I'm assuming Cadie and I are both in the US, being she's NCGirl, but that could mean Northern Canada Girl and not North Carolina Girl. {winks}

~Beth (Michigan)

thunder wrote:Personal issues going on yesterday, so I didn't read the email properly. I reread the email, and realized it hasn't been delayed until November, just delayed and no new date. Maybe we won't have to wait that long?
Sorry for the confusion.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 pm

:lol Beth! Would love to visit Canada one day.

Now I'm wondering if PBS will show CH2 next year (in US) :shock: Hope it is sooner but either way looking forward to seeing it and getting the dvd.

~cadie

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Maybe they pushed the date out because they can't sell the DVD in the US before a certain date because it *IS* going to be on PBS. (??) Does anyone from the Other Side of the Pond remember how far after the BBC showing Amazon UK sold their version of the DVD? Did y'all have to wait until we saw it in the US to order your copies in the UK/Europe?

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:Maybe they pushed the date out because they can't sell the DVD in the US before a certain date because it *IS* going to be on PBS. (??) Does anyone from the Other Side of the Pond remember how far after the BBC showing Amazon UK sold their version of the DVD? Did y'all have to wait until we saw it in the US to order your copies in the UK/Europe?
According to amazon uk the release date of series 1 was 27 Jun 2011. Does that help?

In my opinion, if it were going to be on in the UK in the spring, we would see ads for it now. If we see it sooner than that, it will come as a happy surprise. This is my strategy to fight disappointment. :-(

MTA: the broadcast date of the last episode of series was June 20, 2011, if that is relevant.

Self-indulgent footnote: One day, I will type "Case Histories" instead of "Case Histoires" and I will reward myself with something. Something really good.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Ah well...so much for that idea. PBS got CH1 in the fall. Thanks, fruitbat. :^)

We'll toss you a Scooby snack if you spell it right. ;^>

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

"Case Histoires"

See. And I thought you were giving us the French spelling.

marilaine

Re: BBC Scotland trailer (with some CH series 2)

Post by marilaine » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

thunder wrote:He looked very angry :shock:
Sorry about the resolution on these, but when I go around the region block, my connection speed slows down, and I get bad quality. But I guess it's better than nothing:

Looking forward to watching it :D
Second row, first pic, looks more like from Divorcing Jack to me for some reason. :scratch
BUT, it's still Jason/Jackson. :hands :adore

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

Return to “Case Histories”