Interviews

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Re: Interviews

Post by laurielove » Sat May 18, 2013 8:12 am

Here's the iPlayer link to The One Show. Not sure how many of you will be able to see that though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 7_05_2013/

He came across as his usual charming, relaxed, self-effacing self. Nice banter about tennis and steam ovens. Showed a clip of Jackson chatting to Victoria Wood (who looks set to give a wonderful performance) on the beach. Jackson's face looks as if it's been stepped on. No change there then. Poor Jackson. He's in need of TLC. Offers? ;-)

EDIT - Oh, and he looked great. That may be stating the bleedin' obvious, but he did. Blue shirt. Nuff said.

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am

Jason's shirt on The One Show matched his eyes. That clip with Victoria Wood was new to me, I hadn't seen it before anywhere else.

A group of female fans actually asked Jason on Wittertainment for recommendations of old movies he was in, for an Isaacs evening. He was so self-effacing, he would not say anything he was in had been good. A male also asked him about playing the most intelligent man in the world on Armageddon.

It wasn't me who grabbed Jason's bum! I think (hope) he is just joking... ;-)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:29 pm

so, erm, anyone else have a clever way to see the One Show if you DON'T happen to live in the UK? just checking :rave ln

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 19, 2013 1:56 am

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 am

Not me either (I'll admit I'd have liked to) but after he said that - I think he will get a smack on the butt from me for being so (cough cough) cheeky!

Of course he always embellishes his stories a bit - I've never seen the Lost Girls behaving with anything except the utmost dignity (apart from the occasional squeeee!)

So we went from half loons from across the pond to international women with resources. :cool:

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Sun May 19, 2013 10:06 am

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Sun May 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Marie wrote: So we went from half loons from across the pond to international women with resources. :cool:
Well, I can certainly claim to be international, but I wish I bloody had resources. And I'd have to be Mr Tickle to have got anywhere close to copping a feel of the Isaacs arse.

Ah well, I can always dream ...

(btw, for those who don't know, Mr Tickle is an orange blob with a bowler hat and ultra long arms who uses them to create mischief and mayhem. As you would.)

Case Histories in two hours!! :woot

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 pm

And I have the female bit down...but, like laurielove, not the resources, although I travel so that must count for being international-esque, but I'm certainly nowhere near the age of his aunties (real or adopted!). lol. And...I suddenly had an image of LL as Mr. Tickle. hahah! I know...me, too. We can be Mr. Tickle twins. lol.

Enjoy, Case Histories, Ladies of the Other Side of the Pond! Enjoy! Enjoy!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:40 pm

kjshd05 wrote:I wish, but as Char stated, Jason is much taller than me (us)..... ;-) at least we've made an impression and kudos to OZ represented by Carole :cool: Hoping that its a positive impression :yip
I'm in the same boat myself. Way too short. Although I look taller in one pic I have from 2007, as I was standing on a step I think.

Yes, Kim, Jason liked the goodies. I also sent a load of Tim Tams to Millie for the Case Histories shoot. I know Jason, Millie and others liked them.

Hooroo,
Carole

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Ain't me neither. Only one man's I do touch regularly . . . um . . . TMI. :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 pm

weren't we Isaacettes at one point, after being loons and yet before becoming Tush Touching International Women of High Finance? just saying... I liked the simplicity and universality of Isaacette. LN

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am

After last night's CH, I'm definitely a Jacksonette. I'll stick to that. Easier to say. Although I feel the suffix '-ette' lends a frivolous and deceptively youthful quality which is increasingly lacking in reality. :roll:

Speaking of age - the birthday listed on the fake passport Jackson burnt in the ep was 6th June ...

Not so fake, after all. ;-)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 am

This is a more extensive interview that the wild car ride came from. And some childhood photos as well. (first time I've seen them)They say it's just a part of a bigger interview in Reader's Digest June issue.
http://www.readersdigest.co.uk/magazine ... i-remember

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 am

Lovely article in The Readers Digest. Great pics of a young Jason. Very sweet.

I too noted the birthdate in the fake passport that Jackson had as well.

Here are a couple of nice articles posted by the wonderful people at the production company @RubyFilmandTV on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RubyFilmandTV/statu ... 49/photo/1 Mail on Sunday

https://twitter.com/RubyFilmandTV/statu ... 45/photo/1 The Daily Mail.

Enjoy.

Hooroo,
Carole

Return to “Case Histories”