Interviews

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: Laura Allen Interviews

Post by Chari910 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:43 am

Laura Allen was very complimentary of Jason/

http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/ ... ake%29.htm
Jason has an impressive work ethic. He's tireless and his passion is so evident. And his talent as an actor; he's a very humble man but there's something about him that maybe he isn't even aware of that is so striking, so compelling. It's effortless, or at least seems effortless. He's got a theater background and I love working with actors from the theater because they're so diligent with their work and usually have a pretty defined craft.

Jason trained in England and his resume speaks for itself. He's got a crazy formal education as well. He went to law school and got pretty far in pursuing it. We're in the presence of a really well rounded man.
For female viewers, you'll fall in love with Jason Isaacs. There's things that other cop shows don't provide that Awake does, namely that you get to see a very strong man's broken heart. To me that's so appealing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We know Cherry Jones is also in love with Jason too from all her comments about his blue eyes :D

catloveyes

Re: Interviews

Post by catloveyes » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 am

And don't we all know the feeling....you can't help but fall in love with him...he is incredible on all levels as has been stated. :hug

And viewers get to finally see this gifted man EVERY WEEK....how lucky are we. ;-)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 am

Thunder, thank you SO much for finding this really funny interview and posting it!. YOU, my love, have a very odd circadian rhythm. I have no clue what your job is, but the hours are odd to say the least! Whatever it is, I hope you love what you do, and THIS thang you do VERY well! ln

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I love my job! I'm a high school teacher.... in Norway. ;-) I wake up when you go to bed. :D

EDIT: And I found a new one:

http://iliketowatchtv.blogspot.com/2012 ... views.html

This is from NBC, filmed recently. (when filming final episodes) With some new info as well...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Laura Allen's comments were charming--and seemed to confirm something I've wondered about: some sources say JI GOT a law degree, but her comments imply not.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I was under the impression JI was a few credits short of his law degree. I wish I remembered to ask him questions like that. I just go all blank sometimes when he talks.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 pm

According to imdb.com ... there is the following information about his education in relation to the law question you had. This source has his acting credits, trivia, etc, and it is my understanding that it is usually fairly reliable for information as some actor's agents update the information as well as others. So you can take that with a grain of salt as to which way you feel on the reliability or not. {Smiles} When I used to update the website for Ethan Phillips (ethanphillips.com and .net) I found that the information was very reliable. I would verify it with Ethan, but other than sometimes pre/post production finish "dates" being iffy, it was good.

"Jason Isaacs is the 3rd of 4 children. He studied Law at Bristol University and graduated in 1985 with a degree in law but decided to study acting. Whilst at Bristol University he directed and/or appeared in over 20 productions. Whilst at the Central School of Speech and Drama he met his wife Emma and graduated from there in 1989."

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

Marie wrote:I was under the impression JI was a few credits short of his law degree. I wish I remembered to ask him questions like that. I just go all blank sometimes when he talks.
P.S. Ethan's site is still up, but we are in the process of taking it down because he no longer wishes a web presence.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't know how law studies work in Britain, but I would think that if he went 3 years, and passed all his exams, that he has a "basic" law degree. But if he was aiming for lawyer, he would have had to take something extra. Lawyer in Norway is minimum 5 years. Somaybe he passed his basic degree, but didn't finish what he had planned to do (becoming a laywer). :?:

Right now, I don't know what I'm talking about... Are any Brits still around?

EDIT: New interview (atleast I think it is. ANother lunch meeting,but this has different background). I think we have READ this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDGKf2WL ... ure=colike

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 pm

New interview (text), some new info there that wasn't in the others. He talks more about how the show progresses:

http://ology.com/tv/interview-jason-iss ... e/03052012

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 pm

:oops: Sorry about tripple posting, but it's actually a new interview. (I think it's a transcript of a radio interview, but couldn't find the audio anywhere):

http://theinterrobang.com/2012/03/jason ... -of-awake/

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 pm

LOL - they are going to start sounding the same anyway! I remember the interviews for HP and Peter Pan. Poor Jason had to talk to hundreds of reporters/interviewers and make the info sound original each time. After watching a whole lot of them I came to understand what a good actor can do for publicity. Don't know how he could have still sounded so excited and engaging after his 500th interview with people asking the same questions over and over again! He is good - no doubt about it!!!!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

This is the one where he took his shoes off and threw them away..LOL
http://psdev.brightcove.com/access-holl ... 1502311001

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:59 am

The socks looked better without the shoes :lol
Thanks!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 am

Well, at least he wasn't wearing yellow socks. ::rofl It didn't look that bad!

~me

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Or the typical "Dad Socks," i.e., white tube socks with dark shoes and pants... ;-)

Return to “Awake”