Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

Post by fruitbat » Thu May 24, 2012 8:25 am

Jacq58 wrote::shock: I can't believe it, but I'm watching the last episode right now-Wednesday!
I was clicking through the channels last night and was shocked to see that Global was showing it. It was a quarter past the hour so, after confirming that NBC was still showing it tonight, I quickly turned it off as I had missed too much.

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

:finger: So, was it just in Canada that the show's night was changed? It's really annoying for the station to switch nights for the last episode. I was lucky to have stumbled upon it. If I hadn't been home I would have been so angry to have missed out on the last show.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 am

OMG! Just saw the sneak peek. Okay. Is it alright if I rescue him, and hid him out in Corpus? PLEASE????????? :bawl
~ML :bag: aaa.gif :cherub :under

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Get in line, Marilaine. Michael will be hiding in San Diego for a spell. Just down I-5.
I'll send him East to you when it looks like they're closing in. :cool:

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu May 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Anytime, anywhere!! ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 pm

It looks like Kyle Killen will be hosting a live chat during (during??? seriously, dude?) the EST showing of the finale. Perhaps he'll let some secrets spill. *she says hopefully*

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/viewer/episode/? ... 4190030010

And here is a good interview with both Himself and KK about tonight's episode:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/24/awake ... on-isaacs/

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu May 24, 2012 8:17 pm

I'll be there reading as I watch to see what he says. Then again I'm lucky because I have a TV in my office near my computer. My posts will be WhiteTigress73 which is my Twitter Account ID.

~Beth

LadySekhmet wrote:It looks like Kyle Killen will be hosting a live chat during (during??? seriously, dude?) the EST showing of the finale. Perhaps he'll let some secrets spill. *she says hopefully*

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/viewer/episode/? ... 4190030010

And here is a good interview with both Himself and KK about tonight's episode:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/24/awake ... on-isaacs/

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Unfortunately, wireless router suffered a horrible death at the hands of my printer and fusebox a little while ago. So I've had to concoct an elaborate system of stretching the ethernet cord across my desk and living room to a chair by my couch. Really...this is a most inconvenient time to do this chat, Mr. Killen. lol. :D I'll keep an eye out. I doubt I'll say anything, but I'm keftiugal on twitter.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 pm

An excerpt from the live chat with Kyle as the episode aired. The following comment came right after we saw the end.

Take it how you want to. I will still hope that somewhere a miracle happens because the way this "season" ended is a perfect set up for what would be to come.

~Beth, Michigan

EWMandiBierly
Not sure how long you can stick around, Kyle. What can you say about how we should read that final scene?

killen8
Actually the person right above you did a pretty good job - 0 Alicen Nielsen like I said in the beginning, Britten questions the rules of reality and makes his own BRILLIANT

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu May 24, 2012 10:13 pm

OMG - that was brilliant! :cherub So much to think about in those last moments. (*whispers* But I still think that Green is the real one...) And definitely a few tissue moments! These past...3? 4? episodes have been the best of the series - tight, well-written, emotional - it seems that they were really beginning to hit their stride. *snuffles sadly* At least it ended on an excellent note. *sigh* :woot

Congratulations, Jason! Well done! :yip

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

OMG, this episode was amazing! The last half hour was like I was watching the "Twilight Zone". Jason is a wonderful actor-his sadness when he was saying goodby to Hannah, then his joy and astonishment at the end of the show brought tears to my eyes. Emmy, Emmy, Emmy. Man, I'm going to miss this show! :-(

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Yup, that was both an excellent season-ender and a terrific second season-beginner.
Just in case anyone's paying attention . . . :pop

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:55 pm

:cool: I'm read the online chat. There's some interesting theories.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 am

My sister, who tolerates my Jason fandom, has been watching every episode of Awake. Her response from the Season Finale: Jason Isaacs is a terrific actor.....He's too GOOD for Television... ;-)

Kyle Killen was talking about working towards getting Jason an Emmy nomination, instead of trying to Save Awake!
He also talks about having to show NBC what the first ep of Season 2 would be, before they started filming the last ep of Season One! :bag:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri May 25, 2012 8:26 am

Is there a transcript of the chat somewhere? I'd love to read it - I can't believe I missed it (was working a zoo fundraiser last night.)

Return to “Awake”