Last Day

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

NCGirl

Last Day

Post by NCGirl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:12 pm

According to their website, Thursday is the last day to view the episodes of Awake on NBC..... :bawl

~cadie

NCGirl

Re: Last Day

Post by NCGirl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Does anyone know if Awake will come out on DVD? or is this just wishful thinking... :pig

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Just checked Amazon. Still no hint as to whether there'll be a DVD. :scratch

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm

This makes me so upset, such a shame to have had it cancelled and now probably not even have it on dvd....just loved Jason in this. He deserved better. :-(

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

I just checked Amazon. No DVD listed, but they have it listed as an Instant Video you can purchase....

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 am

*fingerscrossedforDVD* Maybe we ought to post something on FB and Twitter about it? :scratch

~ML *gottagetitonDVD* :idea:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

A DVD release would be nice :-(

~me

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:03 am

NCGirl,

I checked over at Awake.com and some of the last episodes are up until September 16, so you don't have to panic yet. :D

*whispers* iTunes... you can also download the season from iTunes...which is what I did. (But, yeah, a dvd format would be nice because then you could watch it on your tv while sitting on your couch, rather than at your desk or whatever while feeling all of the circulation to your legs slowly being cut off)- but if you are on the go, iTunes allows you to put it in your ipod, ipad, laptop, etc.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm

YEA!!!!!!! At least one more month :hands

Thanks about the itunes hint.

Yes, I so wish Awake will be put on DVD.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

~cadie

LadySekhmet wrote:NCGirl,

I checked over at Awake.com and some of the last episodes are up until September 16, so you don't have to panic yet. :D

*whispers* iTunes... you can also download the season from iTunes...which is what I did. (But, yeah, a dvd format would be nice because then you could watch it on your tv while sitting on your couch, rather than at your desk or whatever while feeling all of the circulation to your legs slowly being cut off)- but if you are on the go, iTunes allows you to put it in your ipod, ipad, laptop, etc.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 am

Well, fair warning, DON'T try watching it on Hulu, the timing is all mucked up. The sound is all screwey and its stop and go videoing, so it's just an awful picture experience. I agree I'd LOVE the set of DVDs but I also am glad I got it on itunes so at least I HAVE it. I know FB is still pulling for "Save Awake" and their campaign and has sent >40 emails to as many different stations (without getting ANY responses). At least Kyle has told them HE has moved on, and I wrote to listen to JI's Empire podcast (b/c it feels like he's moved on as well, as I'm sure others have). I'm sure, if pushed, those incredible writers could come up with a movie to tie more loose knots up, but I was quite satisfied with the origional ending and am happy to leave it that way, although reruns would be fab; THEN it would truly be the cult classic it should always have turned into - along the lines of Star Trek (although, I personally can't ever see Jason being "The Negotiator" or anything so banal...")
Have a great week everyone! LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:12 pm

...is ANYONE on this forum following the 'Save Awake'thing on FB? ln

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Not I. Don't do FB.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Errrm...I stopped after the childish in-fighting between the two FB groups began. I also became tired of the fact that the FB mod is unwilling to accept the idea that everyone has moved on to new projects. :roll:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks ladies, thats what I thought too, it's sort of like that bad penny that keeps showing up on the timeline that I try to ignore, as for FB in general, waaay too many of my HS friends are there for me to stay off, I was just wondering about this specific thing. Thanks! ln

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for reminding me to unfollow them on Twitter.

Return to “Awake”