Kyle Killen, How Awake Would've Been on Cable

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Kyle Killen, How Awake Would've Been on Cable

Post by fruitbat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm

click

The headline from the front page of the huffpost post says: "Awake" creator on how NBC ruined show".

He makes some good points, especially about having only one or two cases per season.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Kyle Killen, How Awake Would've Been on Cable

Post by Marie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Several fans have brought up the issue with the case of the week procedural drama not being everyone’s cup of tea. I wish Awake had focused on one or two cases also - and gotten to explore more of the psychological twists and turns. Yes – it would have been better on cable. But then again being on cable normally means a smaller audience (like Brotherhood.) I was hoping it could be successful on network TV and if NBC had given it another season – I think it could have.

ln419

Re: Kyle Killen, How Awake Would've Been on Cable

Post by ln419 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

I think there is a LOT more than this than meets the eye, wishes, wouldas and couldas. I think that Jason has grown and learned from doing Awake and producing it (and he was REALLY great before it...). What happened was supposed to happen as it did, and everyone moved on. Even how people are re-structuring HOW to count viewing is changing because of Awake. The show did it's job in spades and was wonderful. And yes, I loved it, and miss it terribly, and am looking so forward to SOMETHNG with him on a screen already. ellen

Return to “Awake”