Sweetwater info

In which Jason Isaacs plays a very ungodly man of God.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: Sweetwater info

Post by fruitbat » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks, SeattleMel!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm

The 31st doesn't make sense. It's a Monday. Movies usually open on Friday. The 21st is a Friday. I'm willing to bet that they made a typo.

Besides the 31st is my DH's birthday, and I'll be hard pressed to get him to go to a movie to see Himself on his day. :oops:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks, SeattleMel!

Hmmm... if you go to the website via the link all the information says is that "principal photography is completed." I'm suprised they don't have a date for release up on the site. I tried to google it, so far on the first two pages is just all of the same things we've seen. And I also learned that there was a Dean Cain movie named Sweetwater that came out earlier in 2012 (??!!). And there are no links to any webite or photos. *stamps foot in distress*

Why would you schedule a small film to come out at the same time as the Hobbit (which is 12/14)? It'll be crushed in the stampede to Middle Earth!

On a completely different note, however, I became sidetracked while googling and I think that I found the barn that we saw from the pics of Jason in a barn with his harem. And a house is labeled as being used in Sweetwater. If anyone is curious, it's here:
http://maddrey.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html
Scroll down to:
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
DESERT 2.0: Bonanza Creek and beyond

I have to admit I became distracted, while on the film production website, by one film titled: Amazons and Gladiators. I'm already shuddering in horror at the contemplation of the complete Troy-like (and I mean the movie Troy, not necessarily the ancient city) trainwreck of history for that one! Someone please hand me the white-hot burning needles to put under my fingernails right now...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm

So, LS, I'm not about to inflict the pain of the white hot needles underneath your fingerrnails, as I consider myself more a care giver than a pain inflinctor; DAMNATION it's in a small theater, REALLY that means I have to wait until the DVD comes out, these movies NEVER come to Chicago (ATTN: all Windy City Dwellers: post the theaters please if/when you see this movie playing here, maybe WE can meet there!). Why do these indy films always only go to the coasts? I can't afford a price of a ticket PLUS a RT airline ticket. :-( LN

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am

LadySekhmet wrote:Thanks, SeattleMel! Hmmm... if you go to the website via the link all the information says is that "principal photography is completed." I'm suprised they don't have a date for release up on the site. I tried to google it, so far on the first two pages is just all of the same things we've seen. And I also learned that there was a Dean Cain movie named Sweetwater that came out earlier in 2012 (??!!). And there are no links to any webite or photos. *stamps foot in distress*
Someone working in post-production (music, I think) said somewhere (sorry, I've forgotten where/who/the link) that it was probably going to be renamed...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 am

Sorry I skipped your comment, Helen. Yup, lol iffin it was my DH's bday, it wouldnt be THE film of choice either!!! LN

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 am

"Hi honey I know it's your Birthday but I really want to see a movie about a slimey preacher who marries young girls......."

Art houses are kind of scarce in Florida. I'll have to see if it is playing in Orlando or Miami.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 am

hahahahhahhahhahh, great to laugh in the am! thanks! LN

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

I gotta cut my DH some slack. :hug He's pretty good about my "Jason time."
It also helps that Jason makes interesting movies and TV series.

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey LN, don't worry we will find a theater in Chicago that is showing it. Keep the faith.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks bunches Tigerhawk!! LN :hug

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Interesting. Why would they change the name now-when they are finishing everything up? They've been talking about it as Sweetwater for so long, I'd imagine that they'd lose some folks in the confusion. Erm...I didn't even know of Dean Cain's movie's existence until I searched Jason's Sweetwater (no offense intended, Superman!). So- I hate to ask this wildly obvious question, because I don't have any idea of how Hollywood works- but don't they have ...like... house elves...I mean....unpaid interns or something to search these types of things (like similar or repeated titles) *before* they throw a movie title out there?

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm

It has happened before that a movie changes it's name (or get different titles in different countries). They haven't started promoting it, and I don't hink a lot of people have heard of it yet. But I think if they are going to change it, they should do it soon. And if that poster is the real poster, I think they probably will keep the title. (And I suspect that we have to wait for 2013 to see it premiere...)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 am

Yes, I agree with you about the date. And I know about the name changes in different countries, especially because over the years Spanish Friend and I have had bizarro conversations about whether or not we've seen a certain movie, and then it turns out that they gave it some horrible weird Spanish name that makes no sense in English. It just seems bizarre that after they write all of the contracts, start the promotion, and get everyone hyped about the movie and it's name-suddenly- at the end- they consider changing it. Oh well. It's their movie, they can change the name if they want to.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 pm

This says it's going to be on Sundance film festival (January 17 - 27) http://www.sundance.org/festival/releas ... entary-pr/:
Sweetwater / U.S.A. (Directors: Logan Miller, Noah Miller, Screenwriter: Andrew McKenzie) — In the late 1800s, a fanatical religious leader, a renegade Sheriff, and a former prostitute collide in a blood triangle on the rugged plains of the New Mexico Territory. Cast: Ed Harris, January Jones, Jason Isaacs, Eduardo Noriega, Steven Rude, Amy Madigan.
:D

Return to “Sweetwater (Sweet Vengeance)”