Videos

Based on the novel by Elie Wiesel

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Videos

Post by thunder » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:03 pm

There are some downloadable short clips from the movie here (Not all is in English, and the subs is in German/French):
http://www.paradigmafilms.ch/dawn/
(and bigger pics too) :D

ln419

Re: Videos

Post by ln419 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:23 pm

I think it's the same clip as was shown before (only bigger, which as everyone knows 'bigger is better'-sorry new commercial here). I wish it'd be released already. It just feels very personal. ~ ellen :bag:

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:33 am

It's the same scene, but it's slightly different (I think this is the final cut) :D I hope we'll see it soon too. It premiered on Friday, so it's one step closer. :cafe

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56 pm

It DID??? in Switzerland...I thought it was premiering in March (or November, I realize the months don't start with the same letter, and they in fact are MONTHS away from each other, but my plate has been uber heavy lately, and I KNEW it wasn't January (or at least I was pretty sure). Are there any pics from that? Press? Interviews? Don't trouble yourself please! Just if/when you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated...I'm truly curious. Thanks SO much. (this has really been an odd little film, I hope it gets much more recognition than it's premier!) :hug ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

It's on the Solothurner Filmtage. A Swiss film festival. I haven't seen much press for it. There are some pics of the premiere at the festival's home page (if you scroll down here - no JI: http://eddymotion.ch/gallery/SFT/49_Sol ... tag_Abend/), but I haven't seen much interviews or reviews or anything (except this in French: http://www.lecourrier.ch/117997/romed_w ... e_sioniste). It's being screened there tomorrow too, maybe someone reviews it then. :cafe

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm

well, since I don't parlez vous Frances, I'll just skip THAT. Looks cool. Wonder if they're going to invite Elie Wiesel to the premier either in Israel or LA? Very interesting man-incredible man! ~ellen *Thanks SO much Thunder, I realize it's your gig to dig this stuff up, but I seem to be the only one checking this movie out a lot, so really THANKS! :hug

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 am

Well, They'll come around when there's more news, I guess. I can't wait for this... so I check for news often, but haven't found a lot of news so far...

BTW, I read an interview with Elie Wiesel in a Norwegian newspaper yesterday (Because of the Holocaust memorial day), and he said he had always turned down offers to make a movie out of "Night" because he thinks that he is a man of words and not pictures. Wonder what he thinks about making a movie out of "Dawn"...? Maybe he feel s different about that story. "Night" might be more personal to him, so he doesn't want anyone else to make a different version of it?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Night is autobiographical. It's HIS story: a very young religious boy being ripped from his home with his family and being taken to a ghetto, then into a boxcar where he was then separated from his mother and sister who were sent to the gas chambers, and stayed with his father, until his father was chosen for death. People have spoken their stories, but none, to my knowledge have written it so eloquently. Night was first published in 1958, when the Holocaust wasn't spoken of. I'd be shocked if he'd ever allow Night to be made into anything to screen. I know survivors in their 90's who still won't speak of what happened, but others have done the 'Shoah Project' with Steven Spielberg. Dawn and Day however are novels he's spun around the war, so I think he feels THEY are 'fair game' to adapt to screen. But no, it'll NEVER be Night (in my ever so humble opinion...). For the horror story Rosemary's Baby is, it doesn't hold a matchstick to the horror of Night. ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I thought so too.

This is an interview in French with the director. I don't understand French well enough to pick up the details, I just understand what they talk about in general, if that makes sense. :oops: If anyone is interested: http://www.rts.ch/video/info/journal-12 ... -dawn.html

It's a good sign that it's quite long. I think he says something about distribution in the end... but I can't make out what it was. If he hope to get a distributor,or if they already have one. He was smiling, so at least he hasn't given up. (I'm not supposed to understand French at all... :mrgreen:)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 pm

My friend (who thinks I'm an idiot for liking Jason, has been my friend since we're 14). Is a French teacher. Maybe she'll do me a big favor. Ill call her tomorrow... :D ~ellen

Return to “Dawn”