Pictures

A family father (Wes Bentley) loses his job and embarks on a life of crime. Jason Isaacs plays a alcoholic police detective who becomes his friend. In the beginning, the movie was known as 'Things People Do'.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Pictures

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 am

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/excl ... ey-people/

Exclusive first image? I have seen a couple of others...

But it's a nice picture of the two of them, laughing and playing with guns in the desert. It's also a good sign that they are releasing pictures from the movie.

:D

ln419

Re: Pictures

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 am

...color me confused (pick a color, any color), the article said 'the cast had no precise A-Listers'. Is Jason NOT an A-List actor? Only a semi A-Lister? A-/B+? Is it MY imagination? or the writers faux pas? Whichever, he looked like he was having a great time, which I suppose is all that's important to him. ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Looking at it from a neutral point of view... Hollywood A-list actors are Leonardo diCaprio, Christian Bale, etc. They are not better than Jason, but they have a massive following and are in all the block busters. Jason isn't an A-list actor. From a Holllywood movie blogger POV, I don't think he's even B-list. Let's be realistic: He plays supporting characters in indie movies. He lands the lead in TV pilots that doesn't get picked up, or is in TV series that flops ;-) :mrgreen:

In Britain, it looks like he's a lot bigger. May even be on the A-list or close to it there.
In Norway, I have to explain to people who he is.

But he is our A+ list, definitely. :woot

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Yes A-lister has a lot to do with how much money is pulled in. Not how good the actor is. I agree Jason is A-List in our book. Just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up!

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Agree, Marie-the rest of the world needs to catch up! ;-)

revenante

Post by revenante » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 am

I mentioned The Calendar to my aged (ah, she's not *that* old, bless her) mother early in the New Year - and she knew who Jason was! I was rather surprised, I doubt she's ever consciously seen any of his work, but I think Thunder is right: not quite A-list (with all the love in the world) but better known here in Britain.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon May 19, 2014 9:24 am

There's a picture of Jason here, I think it's from Things People Do, because Wes Bentley is on the picture next to it. You have to scroll ->
http://www.kerrytasker.com/#/portfolio/11

Thanks to Yunona77 on tumblr

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:32 am

Well, if THAT'S not knackered and haggered....I just don't know what is...poor whatshisname (the character), wouldn't want to be in HIS shoes for all the tea in china! ~ellen (but I agree with the alphabetizing above, an A+ in my book for his acting AND how he treats people ie: not living in McMansions all tucked away)
Last edited by ln419 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:36 am

Smoldering... :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 pm

lol Char, boy do WE see things differently! And that's ok, makes the world go 'round! The only thing I see smoldering in that shot is the cigarette!...I just want to throw him (gently) into the shower and toss his very fine butt into bed for 14 hours of undisturbed slumber and fix him a nice healthy b'fast, (sans cigarette). Truth is HE probably likes being this character too. Big world out there-room for lots of tastes...viv la diffrance! ;-) ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 20, 2014 12:32 pm

ln419 wrote:I just want to throw him (gently) into the shower and toss his very fine butt into bed for 14 hours of undisturbed slumber and fix him a nice healthy b'fast, (sans cigarette).
:lol That was PG!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Thank you thunder! I gave it my all (I live in a very PG world) :mrgreen: ~ellen

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Well it is a better picture than the one with his thumb on the slide of that automatic pistol. Geez I cringed!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh, but he LOVES playing with guns Marie! Ya know- boys and their toys...~ellen

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Umm - no .... or he may love "Playing" with guns but I wish he knew how to really use them - I mean no one who knows how to handle guns would have their thumb on the slide like that - you could really get hurt. Of course I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he didn't put his thumb there until the slide had released. ;-)

Return to “After the Fall”