Jerusalem Film Festival

A family father (Wes Bentley) loses his job and embarks on a life of crime. Jason Isaacs plays a alcoholic police detective who becomes his friend. In the beginning, the movie was known as 'Things People Do'.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

amy223

Jerusalem Film Festival

Post by amy223 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:13 pm

I saw this via Huffingtonpost.com earlier today--Things People Do is being shown at the Jerusalem Film Festival (this month?). It only briefly mentions Jason, but (here's the important part), the writer thinks he deserves an Oscar nod for Best Supporting Actor for this and (and!) suggests that Roger Ebert, were he still alive today, would be all about this movie. And I love and deeply miss Roger Ebert and his wisdom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/annette-i ... ertainment

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Jerusalem Film Festival

Post by Marie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Me too - Roger Ebert was great. He was not a movie snob - we normally loved the movies he liked!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 am

Well, I'm pretty psyched, cuz here...ya don't need fancy shmancy pricy tickets to get into the theaters or anything...ya just have to know when your movie of choice will be playing. In MY case, Things People Do is playing on Friday @ 3pm...last showing. Boy am I in luck! Please don't count on a Lady S. recount of the film, y'all know me. :bag: ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Here's an interview with Jason Isaacs and Saar Klein from The Jerusalem Film Festival:
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Cultur ... eal-387026

:D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Nothing opened for me but I'll try later at home. Might just be firewalls at work.

Return to “After the Fall”