Field of Lost Shoes Review.

Coming of age/Civil War drama. Jason plays General John C. Breckinridge.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Field of Lost Shoes Review.

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:47 am

I watched this today and had little to no exectations but I found moving at times. I gather there was little in the way of abudget but I felt they did the best with little in the way of resources, I did not recognise any of the younger cast but the actor who played The Judge was familiar.

Jason as always was amazing and I think he brought such a humanity to his role, oddly he felt older and much more world weary than many of the characters he plays.

The scene where he is sat with the cadets around the camp fire was wonderful and deeply moving.

Others will be able to ascertain the acuracy of the facts of the movie/real life battle.

I would not put this in the top drawer projects of Jasons but I enjoyed it.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Field of Lost Shoes Review.

Post by Marie » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:54 pm

The battle did happen. An alumni of the school VMI produced (financed) the project. Young boys were called into battle and some died.

It was a smallish budget. But I think they did a pretty good job. We do kid Jason about the hair and uniform coat which was way too big for him!

Anniemouse

Re: Field of Lost Shoes Review.

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:31 am

I thought that considering the small budget they did an amazing job. Now I look back yes Jason was swamped by that wig and coat. :D

Return to “Field of Lost Shoes”