Night Heron (Audio Book)

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Night Heron (Audio Book)

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Fantastic news! We can confirm @jasonsfolly as the reader for Night Heron by @AdamBrookesWord, released 22nd May @audibleuk @LittleBrownUK
https://twitter.com/HachetteAudioUK/sta ... 4900845569

This says it's a "spy thriller":
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18453122-night-heron

Him reading audio books has been a success before :D
Maybe a future TV series? ;-)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Night Heron (Audio Book)

Post by Marie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Yes I must say putting one of the audio books he has done in the CD player sure makes a long drive much nicer!

I'll have to check that one out.

Thanks Thunder!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:30 pm

I enjoy listening to the audio books read by Jason, unfortunately his voice puts me to sleep! When I'm home, not driving!

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 am

It's a good way to fall asleep, though. ;-)

(I moved the forum temporary up here so more will notice.)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:58 am

I love when he reads books; he's just so gifted (I'm lucky, I can usually drive while I'm listening, the only time I REALLY messed up was listening to HP - I was around the corner from my house, and I hadn't read the book yet. I heard Snape Avada Kadavra Dumbledore, I nearly hit my friend's tree...luckily I stopped. She thought I was nuts when I told her why I lost control of the car momentarily "it was like crack" (I thought but didn't say). Aside from THAT incident, I'm ok listening to him read. Anyway YEAH! :hands ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 am

There's a sample we can listen to here:
https://soundcloud.com/hachetteaudiouk/ ... am-brookes

And I think we can buy it too.

:D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:26 pm

It's available for pre purchase on Amazon... :woot (and I think it's being released before CH2. When you look on Amazon, it DOESN'T say who reads it, the space is blank...they need to fill that part in already). ~ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:19 pm

I just, just...Amazon "Night Heron est delivery due May 21".....the estimated delivery of CH2 July 18..WT??? I'm so confused :huh (and I realize 1/2 of the statement was in the wrong thread, but I couldn't divide the sentence, apologies all around...my confusion is sometimes found on many levels) ~ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Well, no brainer...it's a really good story. As for the bloke reading it, what can I say, terrible, just terrible. He mumbles, can't understand--na! Who am I trying to kid? It's the LGF! ;-) Incredible as always, listening sitting bolt upright in my computer chair spellbound. Sometimes I think he should re-record HP, but Jim Dale and whoever did it in England were each really great. There were times I used to think Alan Rickman could read the Yellow/White Pages, but I've changed my mind so throughly; then I wonder, WHY in the world would Jason ever WANT to read the yellow/white pages to anyone??? Certainly little carreer advancement there! :roll: ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri May 30, 2014 3:12 am

Thanks, Ellen. Thinking about buying this before summer vacation.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 am

Really my only negative comments would be the price (it was like $30.00, which I thought was pretty high), and the way it is packed and wrapped in a flimsy cardboard holder which could have improved upon. Obviously the listening is unparalleled. :mrgreen: ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:29 pm

I bought it on iTunes couple of days ago, and tried to listen before going to bed but fell asleep (no suprise). Will try again some other time.

Return to “Voice Work”