Filming

A modern adaptation of Ira Levin's novel to a four hours NBC miniseries. Jason Isaacs plays Roman Castevet.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

amy223

Re: Filming

Post by amy223 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 am

Ping pong? Ping pong?!? Someone's had history of claiming to be some kind of quasi ping pong champion? Oh, wow. Do I smell a ping pong challenge?? I have a 7 year old nephew who could take down any actor from anywhere in Britain in a game of ping pong, any day. (That's called "trash talk," sweet friends. I don't do it often, but when I do, I always do it using my 7 year old nephew as a human shield.) :cool:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 am

Back on topic, please.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 am

Ah, got it. Games/competitive/ping pong humor = bad at this internet location. Please know it was an honest mistake, and I am sorry!

I'm still new, clearly, and learning what's okay/not okay here. The original topic we're to get back to is the filming of Rosemary's Baby, correct? I think I got confused by the link to Patrick Adams' video about playing chess followed by the information about Jason's love of ping pong (who knew??), which may have been what caused me to go off on a tangent (or, you know, it could just be me: I'm just kind of an ADD/off-on-a-tangent-y type of person overall and you could be seriously talking about filming television shows and I'd start making inappropriate jokes about accountants. This is one of my many issues, and I am deeply sorry).

At any rate, I am very deeply sorry if I offended anyone. And I'm sorry if anything I've said above has offended you! And I'm sorry if I offend anyone at the end of this paragraph. Generally, I'm deeply sorry for being so offensive. Please nobody tell Jason about this! I will try to not get off on tangents, ever again. Again, a thousand apologies, and promises to do and be a better person whenever I'm here. :-(

Back to filming talk: I think the choice to shoot this mini-series in Paris was brilliant, simply brilliant! It will give it more of an old-worldly kind of ambience.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Rather dramatic post there Amy. Mods are not trying to be mean - just to keep the threads on topic.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 pm

:wheee Patrick J. Adams posted pic of Jason on Instagram again:
http://instagram.com/p/ldPvM4Gems/

I like it when he works with people who use social media. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't mind if he would start to use it more himself too, but this is second best.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:06 pm

I guess second best is gonna have to be just dandy...I don't think he's going to start doing social media anytime soon. Besides, I know he has long arms, but I can't see him posting a bunch of selfies! :pig ~ellen

revenante

Post by revenante » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:28 am

thunder wrote:Patrick J. Adams posted pic of Jason on Instagram again:
http://instagram.com/p/ldPvM4Gems/
Grr - it must be Instagram - once again I just get a blank page. So unfair!!! :bang

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am

Grr - it must be Instagram - once again I just get a blank page
Argh, me too.

~me

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:57 am

And I see the picture. I wonder what's the difference?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:04 pm

I see it too - wonder if some countries don't have access?

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:05 pm

I don't think Instagram is blocked in certain countries, but what do I know.

I've seen people start to repost his pics in other places, and I'm not so sure it's a good idea (even of people mean it well) especially the ones that he doesn't tweet about himself. He may stop posting on Instagram, if he doesn't want them spread around...

But if you can't see it on Instagram, you can check tumblr, or twitter, they may be posted there by someone else.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Why would Patrick Adams stop posting on instagram? That's the whole point when an public figure deliberately uses social media in that manner- free exposure and press (note I said "deliberately"). Surely, he's not silly enough to think that the pix he posts of himself, Jason, and others won't be passed around the web, if so then he's just in denial. Surely if he's on instagram, he certainly knows about the evil, dark maw that is tumblr. And as long as he continues to post fairly tame pix, he should be safe enough.

Now Jason might ask Patrick to stop posting pix ofJason, since JI seems to be social media shy, but that's an entirely different matter.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 am

It depends how you spread it around. If he posts on Instagram, maybe he wants people to see it on Instagram? Maybe he posts on Instagram because people can't right click and save to their computer on Instagram? Maybe he doesn't want people to use screen saver and post it on their blog? Even if he posts on Instagram it doesn't mean that he thinks it's fine to have his pictures posted on every random blog on the internet. He has the opportunity himself to share on twitter, as he did with the chess picture, but he hasn't with the others. Maybe he just forgot, but maybe he prefers that people watch it on Instagram.

You can ask the Jason Isaacs fans that posted a picture of their own encounter with him on their web site, if they thought it was great to find the picture posted without a permission or credit on other websites (for sale on Ebay included). There's a difference between linking to a picture, and posting it on your own blog without permission. And Patrick J. Adams has his own photo blog, he's into photographing lot more than just the average person with a smart phone. He may not be too happy about the picture spreading around the internet without his permission and without any credit to himself as the photographer,

But it's not my business. I just hope he continues to post his behind the scenes pics on Instagram...

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 am

Update and Patrick J Adams posting new pictures.
All the commotion was for nothing. ;-)
I´m not be able to afford picture for sale.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 am

;-) Or he's just gonna sue. :mrgreen:

Glad he's still posting!

Return to “Rosemary's Baby”