Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

A movie about an American tank crew during the last days of World War 2.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

Post by Chari910 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... itt-644467

YAY! A blockbuster for sure!
Congrats to Jason :adore

LadySekhmet

Re: Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

I saw that! Very exciting!

Hoepfully he'll have lots of screen time & will survive until the end of the movie!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 pm

oooh, THIS sounds like a big ol star filled movie, :D - Good for you Jason!
(LL, he seems to be thither now...or will be soon) ~ e

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:37 am

Two new movies on the same day. :D
This one has a release date already too! (Nov 14, 2014)
:wheee

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 am

One of the articles from the Google Alert (sorry, don't remember which one) surmises that Pitt (Wardaddy) always looks to Jason for guidance, but he himself is a wizened war vet, so they don't suppose Jason will need too much screen time before his demise. :-( On the OTHER hand, the guy said REALLY nice things about Jason and his ability to make a HUGE impact with very little time. I like it best when he makes a huge impact with LOTS of screen time-that's always best! ;-) ~ e

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Now I remember, it was in Cinemablender's excerpt, it was their surmise that it would be a 'short' role for Jason, but he does such great work in a short amount of time. Personally, I'm with Lady S. ~e

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 pm

ln419 wrote:Now I remember, it was in Cinemablender's excerpt
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jason-Is ... 39721.html ;-)

It doesn't have to be a very tiny role, but since he wasn't cast before now, I think we can assume he's not a lead. He may still have decent a bit of screen time... Even if he only makes it to the first plot point, it can still be a good 15-20 minutes. :mrgreen:
But let's hope for more!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:55 am

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more! I DID say I was with Lady S, that "he'll have lots of screen time and survive until the end of the movie"...I want THAT ending MOST, but I don't know how to change the screen play or script so Jason is the lead actor and not Brad...pity too. That'd be SOME trick... :cool: ~ e

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:35 pm

I am over the moon for our Fantastic Jason...yes, Congrats Jason!! :adore

Thank you so much, dear Char! :hug

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Good news!!!! I'm so excited!!!

~me

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 pm

From this Collider Interview, here's what he said about FURY:
...he (David Ayer)said he was doing Fury, and I was in London, so we had a cup of tea. The film is essentially about Brad Pitt and the other guys in the tank, like Shia LaBeouf and Michael Peña and Logan Lerman, but I would have made coffee on the set.

It’s a film about war, unlike any I’ve ever seen. It tells a story about a bunch of people who are told to hold a corner in a village, and they don’t know why and they don’t know what the bigger picture is. They’re not winning the war. They’re not losing the war. It’s a corner in a village. There are a million stories that are that small. A number of soldiers that I know have said that when you’re in battle, it’s like watching a football game through a straw. You don’t know what’s going on anywhere else. You just do what you need to do, in this bit, right here in front of you. That’s what David has written, and he’s written it so brilliantly that it took my breath away when I read it. When I first talked to him, I said, “They’re never going to let you make this, like this. They’re never going to let you make the script that I read.” And he said, “I believe that they are.” So, I have a very small, but a very proud part in it. I think he’s really something special.

What kind of character are you playing?

ISAACS: He’s a soldier in war. They’re all soldiers. They’ve all got backgrounds. In my own head, I know what he did. He’s a guy who has a bunch of people under his command, and some of them are dying and some of them aren’t. What his background is, where he comes from, and what he thinks and feels about those things are up to me to hide. When you’re in the middle of what happens there, you need to get on with what happens there
:-( A SMALL part! I was hoping he was one of the five tank crew!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm

I read a bit more into that interview. I thought he IS one of the 5 man crew, the most experienced, the one Pitt looks to for advice, it's just that IN war, NO ONE knows what any one else is doing, just what YOU and your little group is doing, and the story, as I understood the quote, was that the movie was just through the eyes of these 5 guys, and Jason is one of the 5. I'm under the impression I read it well, although my son kept interrupting, (but he's been quite a *^&% 17 year old to me, so..) and I kept shushing him so I could read. Can someone please post the entire interview? It's great. Thanks! ~ e p.s does ANYONE know which show he sold to Fox (or FX?) he alludes to that in the interview as well... (or Jason, maybe you could just send us an email update, 'peck, peck'. Obviously if anyone on this forum is going to be chutzpadik, it's gonna be me) and G-d love the fact you're gonna try for another TV series (American). THANK YOU JASON!!! I think many of us are having severe cases of Jason withdrawal from not having you join us in our homes every week, although the movies have been great! :yip

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:24 pm

A link to a Daily Mail article from the imdb message board for Fury suggests that the five do* not include Jason.

Scroll down to the very bottom for the pic of Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena and Jon Bernthal.

I don't think this has been posted yet.

* Or is that "the five does not...."

Edit: Be forewarned, not a hint Jason in the Daily Mail link. :-(

Edit, again. There is a facebook page for Fury It seems pretty Brad-centric at the moment but that could change.

Edit, yet again: to change "DM" to "Daily Mail" to make it easier for people to see which articles have been posted.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Great find, fruitbat! Thanks. I don't think Jason is there yet.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 pm

No, I don't think he's in London either, according to Digital Spy today, he's also in a Keanu Reeves and Willem Dafoe film, shooting in NY now called John Wick; but they don't know what his role will be. It's a revenge film and supporting actors include Alfie Allen and Michael Nyqvist. I know this should be in a new thread, but I was sort of answering the "where's Jason" question too. Busy, busy guy...~ e :D

Return to “Fury”