Dig (USA series)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Dig (USA series)

Post by ln419 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I read on ONE of the sites (sorry, don't remember which one, but if I come across it...) that said it was starting out as a 6 part mini series and hopefully would turn into a 13 part second season. I'll try and find where it was written...so potential HUGE YEAH! :D ~ ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:20 pm

ln419 wrote:I read on ONE of the sites (sorry, don't remember which one, but if I come across it...) that said it was starting out as a 6 part mini series and hopefully would turn into a 13 part second season. I'll try and find where it was written...so potential HUGE YEAH! :D ~ ellen
I mentioned it earlier in this topic, and posted the link.

Maybe you read it here? ;-)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

I read the google alerts and it was in Jewish Business News, and OF COURSE, it could certainly be that I read it right here! Wouldn't surprise me in the least! Thanks Thunder! I think it's all good. ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm not sure if this is new information, but I'll post it anyway:
British helmer S.J. Clarkson (pictured) has signed on to direct the first episode of the actioner that revolves around the hunt by an FBI agent (played by Jason Isaacs) for a religious artifact with great import beyond its antique status. Along the way he manages to become a suspect in a murder case
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/usa-tap ... 201118710/

Didn't know about the suspect bit.
:ninja

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Here's a little bit more info:

It centers on FBI detective Peter Connelly (Jason Isaacs), working in Jerusalem, who finds himself embroiled in a race to track down a religious artifact that could trigger an event that would change the course of history.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/james-b ... -helm-dig/

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Anne Heche has been cast as his boss:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/14/anne-heche-dig/
Heche will play Peter’s boss and only friend, Lynn, the head of the Jerusalem FBI office. Though she is tough and not afraid of anyone on her team – including Peter, her occasional lover – she has a sense of humor and soft side

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 am

"only friend" and "occasionaly lover"- erm...I hope she wouldn't be afraid of him, that would be a whole different type of relationship! lol. Does this mean that for a rare occasion Jason will (sort of) get the girl? :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I think, that if she is his boss...then SHE will get HIM! ;-) ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 am

We can always hope. :D

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:28 am

So I guess the FBI thing means it's an American accent again, hmm?

Oh well.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

I think so... still wondering what FBI is doing in Jerusalem, but I guess it will all be answered in the end.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 pm

The FBI has an art crime team that investigates art theft and smuggling, as well as issues of illegal sale of looted objects. They work with other countries' equivalent law enforcement and Interpol. They, and US CBP and US DHS, have recovered many objects that enter into the US for resale. They also work to repatriate the items to their country of origin. It wouldn't be crazy for a member of the art unit to travel overseas to investigate something, but...I guess we'll see how they spin it. The protection of cultural heritage & international law is pretty interesting, and if anyone is interested, PM me, and I can give you some links of various blogs and twitter accounts that are dedicated to it.

So, short story-It's not totally cray-cray.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publi ... -art-theft

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Yes, a.p.k. I guess it'll be an American dialect (from who know where in America), although Jason does have a pretty good Israeli accent as well; just not this time. Although who knows? Maybe 'Peter' has lived in J'lem for SO long, HE has developed an ear for "American-Israeli"..??? ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 am

LadySekhmet wrote:The FBI has an art crime team that investigates art theft and smuggling, as well as issues of illegal sale of looted objects. They work with other countries' equivalent law enforcement and Interpol. They, and US CBP and US DHS, have recovered many objects that enter into the US for resale. They also work to repatriate the items to their country of origin. It wouldn't be crazy for a member of the art unit to travel overseas to investigate something, but...I guess we'll see how they spin it. The protection of cultural heritage & international law is pretty interesting, and if anyone is interested, PM me, and I can give you some links of various blogs and twitter accounts that are dedicated to it.

So, short story-It's not totally cray-cray.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publi ... -art-theft
Aha, he gets involved becasue of the religious artifact, and not the murder? Makes more sense now. Thanks! :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm assuming they are going that route, since that is an actual thing that the FBI art crime section does, but then I'm working on the assumption that Hollywood has some sort of logical, common sense plan for the script. They could, however, twist and warp things into something weird and crazy (especially if they are going all Dan Brown). Who knows, four episodes in, they could toss in a few aliens and a couple of dinosaurs as well as the Illuminati! Personally, I don't know if I'm willing to speculate re: the possibilities without knowing more about the plot- the Dan Brown-esque thing kind of scares me. aaa.gif

Return to “Dig”