Dig (USA series)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Dig (USA series)

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:42 am

Yes, the history teacher in me has taken on a wait and see attitude. But if the historical bit turns out to be ridiculous, it can still be entertaining. And the Da Vinci code didn't have Jason in it, but this will have. It think it's already better. :mrgreen:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:46 am

Haha! Yeah, it does have Himself in it, so it's already ok -but they still better not include dinosaurs & aliens! lol.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm

:lol I hope not!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 pm

ooh, I highly doubt there will be dinosaurs or aliens...I can think of MANY other antiquities 'Peter' can have discovered. After all, THAT teeny tiny piece of land has had MANY inhabitants over the millennia...dinosaurs and aliens aren't high on the list! ;-) ~ ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm

It was just a little archaeology joke-almost all movies about archaeology seem to have aliens (like Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull) or the evil mummies brought back to life. And people lurve dinos...and Atlantis, but mostly people love talking aliens and archaeology. So yes, there may very well be aliens and dinos with Jason! lol.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Oh yeah (palm to forehead-thwap!) quite true! I guess it's that I've lived there for a couple of years, and I know LOTS of people who live there, and no one ever mentions dinos or aliens...OTHER problems oh yeah (there are moments I think it's not such a great idea to do the project at ALL-sorry Jason; it's a day-by-day type of thing, definitely from being here for so long, I KNOW I'd feel differently if I lived THERE). My imagination is good, but (she types and laughs at the same time) I can't seem to get the hang of big ol T-Rexes or aliens in most parts of Jerusalem, the thoughts are just too funny for words!! :lol ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Since they compare it to The Da Vinci Code, I'm suspecting a secret society, hiding an important truth about one or more religions (or something like that).

But of course some dinos would have spiced it up. :mrgreen:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

very big lol... :lol and a :hug ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 pm

A new cast member has been announced. And it's the alien. :uhoh

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/alison- ... manhattan/

:mrgreen:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:43 am

"Intern"? We don't call archaeology students working on digs "interns." We call them "undergrads," "minions," "hey you," "volunteers," "the grad student who's going to watch the undergrad like a hawk so the undergrad doesn't mess up your trench 'cause they were flirting with the other undergrad in the other trench& both undergrads are hungover from the night before," "PhD candidates," "Doctor (because we have our PhD)," & oh yeah, we even call them... oh, let's see..."archaeologists"!

Pffft..."intern"... *grumbles* Might prefer the aliens....

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:06 am

I have a feeeling it's gonna be funny and interesting to read your comments on this, you won't let anything slip through... Love it. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Oh boy thunder you're right! Lady S. is going to be all over this one! ;-) and it's going to be a real treat for US to read the ins and outs too! :D . I think given that Jason is a real stickler for realism in his shows, and that he probably isn't going to be hanging around archaeologists too much in LA, just reading, which isn't the same at all, perhaps somehow, someone could give him a heads up to follow Lady S's comments, which are both witty and entertaining, AND expert in the field. Wouldn't kill him, (WE probably have his back better than any paid someone, well, maybe not, but we certainly try hard). ~ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Sorry. I will try to remain calm. Oh, who am I kidding...
Jason can also investigate twitter as there is a huge archaeological community on there...well, I suppose you have to find us first...but once you do, there we are! We are an incestuous bunch, so all he has to do is find one archaeologist and then scroll through their following/followers. There are also lots of archy pages on Facebook and blogs by archys on the interwebs (although he should make sure that the blogger is actually an archaeologist and not some crack-pot who is pretending to be an archaeologist). He has lots of potential resources out there- between the UK and the US- archaeologists lurk everywhere. Although he may have already done so and is about 10 steps ahead of us all!

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 am

I've found you, and you keep me updated on archeology, so I don't have to find the news by myself. It's brilliant.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, HE (and we) have YOU. I'd bet my bottom dollar on YOU any and every day of the week (even Saturdays), and he'd be a fool not to as well. If you have an ace up your sleeve already, why in the world would you search for another? (ok, 2 aces are better than one, but, first ya gotta have the ONE!) ....maybe you can be bumped from destitute cousin to 'virtual aunt'? ;-) . Besides, I don't think he does much on Twitter, but I could be wrong...~ellen

Return to “Dig”