Stockholm, PA

Saoirse Ronan plays a young woman who struggles to adapt to a normal life after being kidnapped for most of her childhood. Jason Isaacs plays her kidnapper.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Stockholm, PA

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:26 pm

http://za.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/saoi ... 36389.html

Ronan will play a young kidnapping victim who, after 19 years, is reunited with the family she barely remembers. Longing for the life she remembers and the man who raised her, she struggles to feel “at home,” forcing her grief-stricken mother to work harder than ever to “find” her daughter.

Cynthia Nixon and David Warshofsky will co-star as Ronan’s parents, while Jason Isaacs will play her captor.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: Stockholm, PA

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Just saw that too but this article has Jason playing the dad?!?
“Stockholm, Pennsylvania” follows a young woman named Leia (Ronan) who, due to being raised by her kidnapper (David Warshofsky) for twenty years, struggles to adjust to life with her real parents (played by Nixon and Isaacs).
http://upandcomers.net/2014/02/07/saoir ... nsylvania/
Beckwith’s screenplay of the film, which is set to start production next week in Los Angeles
Now Jason can't be in Paris for Rosemary's baby and in LA for this at the same time!
Doesn't seem to be enough time for the Pilot :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

I'd rather he play the dad. Hope you got the correct announcement.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 pm

This is a bit confusing. Is it a movie? (and who will he play?).
Chari910 wrote: Now Jason can't be in Paris for Rosemary's baby and in LA for this at the same time!
Doesn't seem to be enough time for the Pilot :roll:
If he plays the father or the captor... maybe he isn't needed for all the production? Rosemary's Baby has been shooting for a week or two already, I believe. (I've seen some paparazzi pics of Zoe Saldana in Paris)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm

It looks like it's a movie, not a TV pilot- at least that's the way it seems to me...I could be wrong. From some other things that I've seen for other actors (for instance, Hiddleston is currently on-stage in Coriolanus in London, but the rest of the cast for his new film are already in Toronto doing various "getting-ready-for-it-to-start-filming" things, (TH is a main character) but they don't seem to concerned that he's not there yet), it doesn't seem like individuals all need to be on the set at the same time, so Himself probably is doing his RB things (and maybe whatever he needs to do from wherever he is right now for this film) until he's needed for S,PA. I just hope that whatever part he has, it's juicy, good, and has lots of screentime. He totally deserves it. *virtually points at Himself* I want to see LOTS of screentime, Jason. You deserve it! ;^) :cherub

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Yes, those 2 articles are cause for confusion re: father vs captor (nice guy vs villain). I guess as long as Jason knows which part he's playing, it'll be ok...better than ok.

Char, are YOU talking about the ABC pilot about the detective? There hasn't been anything mentioned that I've seen, do YOU know something about that?

It seems like movie after movie, aside from RB for TV. I really was hoping the series thing would work out, get picked up, yada, yada...NOT that I don't love the movies, but I REALLY love when he stars in a series - miss that weekly dose. And LS, I absolutely agree, he's due for a VERY big part already in a "really big shew" ~ellen

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:12 pm

I know as much as anyone else here :D
I meant any pilots that he ususually got to pick to do, nothing specific.

If he is the dad...that'll be cool. the girl has the same icy blue eyes as Jason.
As the captor...it will be more believable that the victim fell in love with him. Hope he doesn't dress himself like Josiah or Waylon though
Tumblr will be full of posts like 'Kidnap ME, please Jason' ::rofl

He will be great with either role.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:46 pm

First thing I thought of was the matching eyes... (and I don't even want to THINK of the "capture me Jason!" messages, ooh, shudder) ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:05 am

The production company posted the article that says "captor" on Facebook. I don't know if it means something, maybe they hadn't read it very well before they posted...?
If he is the captor, maybe he hasn't got that many scenes? Since it's about how she struggles to adapt to her family afterwards? :???:
Chari910 wrote: As the captor...it will be more believable that the victim fell in love with him. Hope he doesn't dress himself like Josiah or Waylon though
Tumblr will be full of posts like 'Kidnap ME, please Jason' ::rofl
:lol I can see them already.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:23 am

My thoughts exactly, thunder. We'll just have to hope for lots of flashbacks of her life in captivity. Ooh, I can see how well Jason can do 'cruel but tender' things with her already.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Personally, I'd be totally weirded out if she falls in love w her captor (even if it is Jason), cause it sounds like she's kidnapped as a very, very small child and grows up in his care-at least that is what the two links already posted state. *shudders*

So I found this. I don't know how accurate it really is, but at least it gives the general idea. i just typd in "stockholm pa" in google in case any one needs to know how I searched it.
https://www.specscout.com/homepage.php? ... &sp_id=693

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 am

Thanks, LadyS. :D
I agree, I don't think it's being in love, but more love like he's the only one who has taken care of her, and she's been completely dependent on him. And even if she's been released, he still will have that power over her.

So it looks like it's mostly flash backs and possibly prison scenes if he's the captor... ?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:18 am

Great find, LadyS
It said she did love her captor as a'father-figure',
That is going to weird me out if there was a sexual thing involved.
He must be a pedophile otherwise what would be the reason to kidnap a little girl in the first place.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 pm

. . . which is why I said earlier that I'd rather he play the dad. :-|

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:24 pm

IMDb says they have cast two younger versions of Leia... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2481512/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2
So I guess there will be flashbacks of him being mean to little girls. Thinking this may not be very comfortable to watch.

The director/writer talking about it here (spoilers)
http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/2013/ ... art-1.html
http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/2013/ ... art-2.html
http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/2013/ ... art-3.html

Return to “Stockholm, Pennsylvania”