Premieres on LifetimeTV

Saoirse Ronan plays a young woman who struggles to adapt to a normal life after being kidnapped for most of her childhood. Jason Isaacs plays her kidnapper.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: Premieres on LifetimeTV

Post by Tosca Nini » Sun May 17, 2015 5:06 am

Watched it already and loved it completely. Taking it with me on holiday. Don't understand the critics bad reaction to it either. It's very European in tone and morally ambiguous, but was a very good surprise. And great performances from all. Jason's explanation about attachment therapy was crucial to understand it. Maybe it should have been explained beforehand to the critics...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun May 17, 2015 8:20 am

F&^% .... am I allowed to say that and Lifetime in the same sentance? I'm praying that this comes out in a DVD because apparently I'm to discombobulated to DVR it. (Well in my defense my Dad passed away two weeks ago and I've been a bit pre-occupied!) We still don't have his ashes yet and Mom is getting a bit anxious about it!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:02 am

Because it was nominated for awards, there are "submitted for your consideration" DVDs available on eBay for quite reasonable--I assume they'd be Region 1 exclusive...

Return to “Stockholm, Pennsylvania”