2017 Montreal Comic-Con Panel

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Hot Wheels

2017 Montreal Comic-Con Panel

Post by Hot Wheels » Mon May 03, 2021 3:54 pm

The cameraman gets in the way after about 15:00, and the video portion disappears briefly around the 39:00 mark, but Jason’s very funny the whole time, and finishes with a short, very poignant anecdote.

Topics include HP, OA, PP and more....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDDyD6EZ5c

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: 2017 Montreal Comic-Con Panel

Post by Helen8 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Jason is at his best in these venues. He's funny, insightful and engaging. I hope to catch him in more of these now that we're approaching some normalcy.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 05, 2021 1:26 am

Helen8 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm
Jason is at his best in these venues. He's funny, insightful and engaging. I hope to catch him in more of these now that we're approaching some normalcy.
Yes, he is! (There must’ve been a lot of kids there; I noticed he limited himself to only F- nuke.gif...and that was near the end!)

I’m hope he’ll eventually come to my area.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am

That was amazing. I wish I could have seen his face when he was talking about the lady who had the tattoo on her chest of Number 1 Jason Isaacs fan as the camera blocked him. He was very funny and I had never heard the story of the kindergarten staff and children getting the wrong end of the stick from Lily when he was filming the State Within ::rofl . So sad hearing him talk about Helen McCrory due to recent events and boy he is a natural chatterbox and just so funny. :cherub

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 05, 2021 10:55 am

Anniemouse wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am
That was amazing...So sad hearing him talk about Helen McCrory due to recent events and boy he is a natural chatterbox and just so funny. :cherub
It’s so eerie that I found that video when I did....

I also choked up at the end, when he told of his mother’s deathbed words to Lily and Ruby. (Remember, she died in 2014, while he was filming DIG; the girls would’ve been 13 and 10.)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed May 05, 2021 1:26 pm

He does hate it when fans film and post his convention appearances though. In fact he makes everyone in the audience put their cameras away. Stephanie, his convention assistant- walks around and makes sure no one is filming. (Of course someone will always ignore the request!)

Jason says he only has so many stories and he doesn’t want them on line because his fans might tire of the same stories if they have heard them all before. Of course I’ve always said he could read the phone book and I would listen! Such is my addiction!

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 pm

Marie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:26 pm
He does hate it when fans film and post his convention appearances though. In fact he makes everyone in the audience put their cameras away. Stephanie, his convention assistant- walks around and makes sure no one is filming. (Of course someone will always ignore the request!)

Jason says he only has so many stories and he doesn’t want them on line because his fans might tire of the same stories if they have heard them all before. Of course I’ve always said he could read the phone book and I would listen! Such is my addiction!
So sad that it’s that way. Part of me understands his unobtrusive side; however, another part of me wants to see and hear as much as I can, since I’ll probably never get to meet or chat with him personally. 😥

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Stephanie, his convention assistant- walks around and makes sure no one is filming.

Yeah. I was on the receiving end of that in Vegas 2019.:roll:

(Of course someone will always ignore the request!)

Yeah, me. I After Steffy admonished me, I dropped my camera in my lap and left it recording the audio, so I'd have the last laugh. Turns out my camera had the last laugh . . . it ran out of charge 30 seconds later. nuke.gif I can hear my mother now: "Cheaters never prosper." :finger:

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed May 05, 2021 5:54 pm

Did I hear him mention in passing something about a moment when he nearly packed in acting. I am not sure I heard it correctly. I did not know he was not that enthusiastic about the chats being filmed. I do not mind hearing stories he has mentioned before as he seems to bring something new to them each time. I also too was moved by his mother words to the girls.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 05, 2021 9:30 pm

I’m not sure; I guess I’ll just have to watch again 😁

Maybe it came during the part when he joked about “looking for a real job”.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am

I remember Stephanie stopped someone filming the panel at Stockholm comic con. The guy respected her and put his phone down. Jason had asked everyone to put their cameras away before that, but I dont think the guy expected someone to stop him. Almost all the comic con panels gets filmed anyway, though. I've seen panels when Jason calls them out from the stage too. He uses humor a lot when he does it, but sometimes you can hear that he's really annoyed. Especially if he has already called them out.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 am

I cannot imagine an really angry Jason although I suspect he can lose it if pushed.

He mentions packing in acting at the 16 minute mark during the tattoo fan story.

Oh and I never knew he was the voice of the snake.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sat May 08, 2021 4:15 am

Anniemouse wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 am
Oh and I never knew he was the voice of the snake.
I didn’t know until sometime in 2019, but that was only something I read somewhere. It was nice to get confirmation from the source himself. (I wonder if he also did the death screams....)

Return to “Conventions”