SHO exec talks about future of Brotherhood

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Helen8 wrote:Perhaps this has already been discussed?
Yes, fruitbat. Every chance we got. nuke.gif
I thought so. LOL

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 pm

I don't think it's coming back. It's Over---Finished.

Too bad. It was the best show on TV and Jason was the best actor on TV

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:31 am

I think the same thing, it won't come back.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Helen8 wrote:Marilaine, you took that well. :twisted:
Er, Helen8,:bawl I only have 2 words for Showtime in regards to Brotherhood.....

TOMMY, WHO? :bat
Michael may not be the best of the two, but Tommy has been extremely self-centered, and enough is enough. I'd rather have seen Declan get to string him up.....
~M'L(C) nuke.gif

Roz

Post by Roz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:
I think the same thing, it won't come back.

~me
Ditto and what a bummer that is!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

I'd rather have seen Declan get to string him up.....

So would Declan.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 pm

I can't help but think this is definitely the end of our lovely show. *sighingsadly*
Maybe that's why Tina Benko was on Ugly Betty last night. Playing a French client of Mode magazine, although the watches they "make" were Swiss. :???:
~M'L(C) :cool:
Au revoir, Michael. I'll never forget you.......NEVER!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Here's an awful scenario: Michael, knowing he can't show his face in Providence again, goes off and has face-changing plastic surgery. A new actor takes over the role of Michael.
God, no! Talk about 'Jumping the Shark'.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:05 pm

On the topic of the promotion of Brotherhood (or lack thereof) as compared to the promotion and success of other Showtime programmes; I've just seen my umpteenth promo for Dexter. I feel like Jan Brady bemoaning my lack of popularity as compared to my older sister: Dexter, Dexter, Dexter! That guy is all over the place. nuke.gif

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Same thing with United States of Tara. I saw ads for it every single second.
I was so tired of it that I decided not to watch it. As much as I love Diablo Cody...I'm not watching that show.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:42 pm

I watched Tara the first week and posted a note on their board. I said I didn't think it was funny and that they were poking fun at a serious condition.

Can't find the posting now to see if there were any comments. Either I'm looking in the wrong place or they didn't like my posting and deleted it out.

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Diablo Cody is most certainly not to everyone's taste but her mixture of open personal pain and witty (confrontational) repartee appeals to me. It's been interesting to read the opinions on United States of Tara.

This is a response on the matter by Karen Overhill. Karen is the subject of the book Switching Time by Dr Richard Baer. http://switchingtime.wordpress.com/

Dear Lucy,
Why should I be offended by a show that is not real? We need to remember it’s just a TV show and doesn’t represent the reality of MPD, like Hogan’s Heroes didn’t represent the reality of prisoner of war camps. I love the actress, Toni Collete, and she is doing a great job trying to portray a woman and mother who is a multiple. However, she is acting, and a character in a show. Real MPD alters are not so dramatic and flamboyant. There job is to protect, not to attract attention. If a book is written on “The United States of Tara”, it will be a fictional book on this show. My story, Switching Time, is non-fiction, and a true story of one woman’s life, therapy, and integration as a multiple.
I do think we need to bring more awareness to MPD/DID, and not mock this illness. Having multiplicity was not fun and it continues to be my hope that everyone will learn the facts, not the TV fantasy.
Karen

I remember having long discussions with people who were offended by Jose Saramago's novel Blindness. He intended to write a political allegory not an anti-visually impairment tirade.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Sea Lion Woman wrote:Same thing with United States of Tara.
I saw ads for it every single second.
I was so tired of it that I decided not to watch it. As much as I love Diablo Cody...I'm not watching that show.[/
quote]

Me, too, SLW. I am so SICK :spew2 of seeing trailers for USOT, that I just totally ignore it. Watched it twice last week, and it's not all that.
She's just a mild-mannered woman who's characters come to play when she's stressed (which seems to be every ten mins. or so, depending on the sitch. The pilot had "T", and "Buck" show themselves, ("Buck" actually beat the living h-e-hockey sticks out of the daughter's boyfriend - wait, that was an actual guy? :eek: - in front of a lot of people after her dance recital.) Then, Showtime went and replayed it. I'm like "What the *@#&!"
I can't believe I actually got desperate enough to sit through it. *ack,ack*
~M'L(C) :snore

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:33 pm

I do like John Corbitt though.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 am

High five Marilaine! I didnt even think the trailers for USOT were funny.
Which I found very...weird since I thought Diablo could come up with funnier, wittier dialogue than this. I mean...I'm judging her because I've seen Juno God knows how many times and I still laugh at the same thing.
I havent seen the show but from the previews...I didnt find it funny at all.
Or maybe it's just because I'm so pissed that Showtime shows more support for this show than for Brotherhood.
*shakes head* I dont know.

Return to “Brotherhood”