The Infiltrator

The movie is about a U.S. Customs official, played by Bryan Cranston, who uncovers a money laundering scheme involving Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. Jason Isaacs plays Mark Jackowski

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: The Infiltrator

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 am

Yes, the glasses are a plus. But most of it I enjoyed his locks! We can see a bit of his curly hair. If he let his hair grow long, he would look like Captain Hook. Now that would be a most delicious sight :adore

The Infiltrator is good. I liked it. Worth watching! :hands

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:21 pm

By an odd coincidence, AARP ("formerly the American Association of Retired Persons"--I dunno WHAT it stands for now) sponsors "Movies for Grownups," which is about what it sounds like, and they had a free screening on my birthday! The movie? The Infiltrator!

Even with all that, I didn't go... our two rescue dogs are still somewhat fragile, and we'd gone out to dinner; adding on a movie sounded like asking for a nervous breakdown, so I guess I'll be looking for it on my small screen too. :oops:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:By an odd coincidence, AARP ("formerly the American Association of Retired Persons"--I dunno WHAT it stands for now) sponsors "Movies for Grownups," which is about what it sounds like, and they had a free screening on my birthday! The movie? The Infiltrator!....
I had some time on my hands so I googled "what does AARP stand for?". All I could find were links that said it stood for "American Association of Retired Persons" or that it used to stand for that. Nothing about what it means now. Even their own website offers no information.
On a related note, this is their "cover boy" this month.

http://www.purewow.com/entertainment/lu ... rm=fastpub

/end of threadnap.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:53 am

Cindy Lauper was on a while ago...
*totters off feeling very elderly indeed*

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:58 am

I'm a member. (No snickering.) It's not that they changed what the letters stand for, it's just that they are now only known by the initials. Must be because it's a mouthful.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Helen8 wrote:I'm a member. (No snickering.) It's not that they changed what the letters stand for, it's just that they are now only known by the initials. Must be because it's a mouthful.
Isn't that what a seal says" Aarp, aarp!"

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:11 am

Well. I. Got. Very. Lucky. The community that we live in (Khovnanian Four Seasons) has many activities and clubs to do and join, respectively. One of the few we engage in is the free(30-plush-seat) theater screenings of first-run movies. (and unlimited free popcorn) Since we're only there some weekends, I lucked out with The Infiltrator. YAY!

Yes, his three scenes are short and don't total 5 minutes, but the movie was extremely intense, I thought several times that Bryon Cranston's character was a garner, but I was proven wrong (luckily for him).

I'll probably spring for the DVD now. :wheee

Return to “The Infiltrator”