The OA discussion. No spoilers, yet.

Netflix series, premiering Friday December 16th 2016. Jason plays Dr. Hunter (Hap), who researches near death experiences (NDE). I don't know how to explain this, watch it yourselves.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: The OA discussion. No spoilers, yet.

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Hilary, thanks for the borscht tip. Yes, it looks like it.

I'll get to cooking it next year.

As I said in another thread, I binged the last 4 episodes just before Christmas. Just couldn't stop!!!

And I loved the whole thing. Didn't understand some of it, but kind of worked as a whole "magical" thing.

My only tiny regret. Jason plays a baddie... After his stunning appearance in ep2, and meeting him personally,
with probably the same coat, which I hugged when we said goodbye (starting to sound soppy...), I yearned
for the real Jason and all his glamour. :heart

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:06 am

I GOT LUCKY!!!

We visited friends on Wednesday and Thursday. Stayed overnight. Seems they have Netflix. Told them of my reluctance to sign up for Netflix. Told them about The OA. Told them I liked Jason. They were intrigued by the series' premise. Let's watch the first couple of episodes they said. Watched through episode 4. Yay!! Like potato chips it is. Now, I reckon, I'll be signing up for the free month to watch the rest. Guess I have a fairy godmother. :cherub

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:35 pm

I finished it tonight! So now I can catch up on all theories. I have a couple of my own as well. ;-)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 am

I finished it last night, too. It was slow going for me in the middle, except for the Jason bits, but the last ep was more enjoyable. I suspect it will improve on a second viewing.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi,

I have a huge "to be watched" Netflix list. It's on there, but I haven't watched yet. I know nothing about it. As a baddie, does he at least survive until the end?

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:30 pm

oh, and re Netflix in general. I have it. I do both the disks and streaming. It seems they have a larger DVD choice, and the DVDs don't seem to disappear from the catalog as quickly. (and, Helen, you may also enjoy The Crown, which is about QE2's early reign. I binged it in one weekend. It was very good, but then...I love the Queen.)

And I got amazon prime specifically to watch Man in the High Castle, which I love.

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm

I watched it. It took me two days, but I couldn't stop. Not healthy, I know, but I love it. nuke.gif nuke.gif nuke.gif
I'll wait for second season.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Jason does survive until the end ..... maybe. You will understand what I mean when you watch.

I've seen adverts for The Man in the High Castle. I think I have to start watching it! Binge time!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks, Ladies! Perhaps this Sunday will be a binge day as I do not have to go to work on Monday. :cool:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 am

Jason does survive until the end ..... maybe.

Can someone explain to me how someone can fall down a flight of stairs and not have a scratch on him . . . not to mention a broken back?

(and, Helen, you may also enjoy The Crown,

Thanks, LS. My BFF already turned me on to it. Once I sign up for free-month Netflix, I'll watch The OA's eps. 5–8, followed by The Crown. My Anglophilia won't not let me watch it.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Helen8 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how someone can fall down a flight of stairs and not have a scratch on him . . . not to mention a broken back?

Thanks, LS. My BFF already turned me on to it. Once I sign up for free-month Netflix, I'll watch The OA's eps. 5–8, followed by The Crown. My Anglophilia won't not let me watch it.
I don't think can explain anything about The OA. :eek:

I loved The Crown. Another Netflix recommendation: A Series of Unfortunate Events. I binged the whole series this past weekend.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:00 pm

I have A Series of Unfortunate Events and Colony on my list of soon to be binged.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:58 pm

I've seen half of The Crown, and I really like it. Maybe I'll see the rest next weekend. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm

I have one episode left of the OA. I tried to watch the last 2 last night while I made my poster for the Women's March. After realizing that coloring in the letters for my poster required more concentration than I expected (I feel like I have to watch everything in the OA-as if there might be clues), I decided to start watching a Series of Unfortunate Events. I liked ASoUE, but they weren't kidding about it being dark.

And typing this, I suddenly realized that the episode of OA that I watched mostly concentrated on the "present." Huh.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:30 pm

It took me a while to finish it too, because I realized that I couldn't walk around the apartment decorating for Christmas while watching it. It needs full attention. :D

Return to “The OA”