Season 1 Re-watch

Jason plays Captain Lorca in this new Star Trek series, premiering on September 24. 2017.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Season 1 Re-watch

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 am

I'm finished binging Black Mirror (highly recommend!) read several books and needed something to do so I decided to re-watch Season one of Discovery. Watching it now that I know that Jason knew his characters entire arc - really makes it fun. He always gives a very nuanced performance so watching this time around I'm focusing on Lorca's expressions and emotions. (OK so I was focusing on Jason the first time around - I just didn't have this information!!.) Totally enjoying the re-watch!! :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Season 1 Re-watch

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:19 am

Oh, Marie. that sounds like a wonderful thing to do. I wished I'd thought to do that sooner. With the new fall season just beginning, I'll just barely have time to watch all the old shows coming back (The Good Doctor, This Is Us, Will and Grace, etc.) and the new ones (Murphy Brown, A Million Little Things, Manifesto, etc.) I want to try out, that I'd be spending way too much time watching TV if I crammed in ST:D too. Maybe when the new season has progressed and I'm not so impressed with some of the newbies, I'll have more time. Then, it'll be . . . Capt. Lorca, here I come! :wheee

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:15 pm

I re-watched a couple of the episodes a while ago. It's a different experience watching it when you know. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:43 am

This is an interview about his ST:Las Vegas panel.

http://www.startrek.com/article/discove ... son-isaacs

You just mentioned Prime Lorca…
He’s out there. I’m just saying. :wheee :woot :hands :yip

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:24 pm

That sounds promising.... :wheee

Thanks for posting, Helen. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 am

Well this was an odd experience. I started watching this in December (actually on my brithday) and loved the series and Jason's performance. Did not see the twist /reveal coming so you can imagine my surprise.

Shame he left the series, although I am aware that chartacters can come back in a multitude of forms.

If E4 show the subsquent seasons I will watch them as I think it's premise is great as I enjoyed DS9 and Enterprise. Love a bit of science fiction.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 pm

Season 2 does not disappoint (well other than Jason not being in it), but seriously it is good!

Return to “Star Trek: Discovery”