My cat doesn't like Capt. Lorca

Jason plays Captain Lorca in this new Star Trek series, premiering on September 24. 2017.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

My cat doesn't like Capt. Lorca

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:09 pm

So. A friend gave me a Capt. Lorca Standee for a present. This morning, we stood it up against a bookcase in the living room. It/He is gorgeous. slurp

Later, I was sitting across from it watching TV. My cat jumped onto my lap to take a nap. After a few minutes, she suddenly began growling! We had never heard her do that. I looked at her and noticed that she was looking across the room. I followed her stare and realized that she was growling at Lorca. She jumped off my lap and approached Lorca cautiously for a closer look. We started laughing, which she did not appreciate. We reckon, because she couldn't smell a person she finally decided that it wasn't a threat and jumped back on my lap.

Allie was a rescue cat, so the only people she tolerates are my DH and me. When my friends come over, they are hissed at just before she exits the room. Basically, the standee is so realistic looking, that it fooled my eagle-eye cat!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: My cat doesn't like Capt. Lorca

Post by Marie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:38 am

LOL Poor Allie.

So I have my stand up (the one Jason signed on the cruise) at my office in a corner. You would not believe the number of people who come in and start talking to me - then jump when they notice Capt. Lorca out of the corner of their eye! It gives me much enjoyment.

It is so realistic I figure I could put it next to me in the passenger seat and use the carpool lane. Thankfully there are no carpool lanes in my local area.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks for the story, Helen. It made me laugh. And Marie too :lol

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:00 am

Thanks, Ladies. Even if you did have carpool lanes near you, Marie, don't do it. You'd have to tape it to a blowup doll to give him the third dimension. That would wreck Lorca. And, more importantly, cops aren't dumb. :cool:

Return to “Star Trek: Discovery”