I've watched it

Scooby and the gang race to stop the unleashing of the ghost dog Cerberus upon the world. Jason gives his voice to Dick Dastardly.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

I've watched it

Post by thunder » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 am

I watched it yesterday evening, because I finally had an evening to myself, and I needed to take my focus off work for a couple of hours. I've never really watched Schooby Doo, or any of the other series as a kid, so I didn't have the nostalgic emotions to it, and I can't compare...
It was a fun couple of hours, though. Don't really feel like saying a lot, if was great to take my mind off things, and nice to see a movie that didn't require too much thinking. :D

Anniemouse

Re: I've watched it

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. Like Jason mentioned Scooby Doo was one of the great cartoon we would get to see on a Saturday morning in the 1970's. Other were Wacky Races (Where Dick Dastardly and his dog Mutley) had prominant roles; The Banana Splits, and the live action The Singing Ringing Tree which terrified me.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:17 am

My sister watched Scooby Doo, but she's a bit younger than me. When I was young, Norway only had one channel, and they didn't show a lot of cartoons.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:45 am

We were lucky the BBC showed some great stuff on Saturday Mornings and we had loads of choice during the school holidays. Paddington the origional animation was amazing 'The Singing Ringing tree' was the creapiest thing ever I think it was dubbed from the original German broadcast. It was very Grimm Fairytales in style.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:22 pm

We had Tom and Jerry as a high light on Saturday morning. We had Postman Pat and Thomas and Friends, that was on quite often. And I remember I had a book of Paddington. Other than that... a lot of Eastern European puppet movies. Which actually was OK too :mrgreen:

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:28 pm

Thunder from reading your post you are younger than me. I loved the old Tom and Jerry cartoons and thanks to oyunger members of the family I watched a lot of Thomas the Tank Engine as well.

Return to “Scoob!”