Reviews

Good Sam is a new series for CBS, about a young top surgeon who ends up as her dad's supervisor after he comes out of a coma. Jason Isaacs plays the arrogant dad and former top surgeon.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Re: Reviews

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:58 pm

This is what baffles me about TV. Stations commision shows at great expense then stuff them them up with bad time slots. It feels to me like they commisioned it in good faith then at some point early on changed their minds. What a waste of talent and money. No doubt the execs would like cheap tat instead. It strikes me a good script editor could sort this show out. Keep the faith.

By the way those publicity stills are great. The one of him with the clapperboard and the blue eyes is amazing.
Last edited by Anniemouse on Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:27 pm

It’s not a bad time slot, it’s a bad series… and HW, i think the only people who are still wtching are the ones who are watxhing because of Jason or Sophia Bush. That’s why the ratings have dropped. :soap

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:27 pm

thunder wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:27 pm
It’s not a bad time slot, it’s a bad series.… :soap
I’ve seen worse.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:02 pm

Probably have been worse but I doubt they got a second season and I don’t see this show getting one.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:43 am

Hot Wheels wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:27 pm
thunder wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:27 pm
It’s not a bad time slot, it’s a bad series.… :soap
I’ve seen worse.
I have too, and worse series have several seasons. So I don’t know what will happen. I think the low rating, which is very understandable, will be what determines the show’s faith.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:58 pm

I’m still sticking with it….

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:35 pm

It may be “too little, too late”, but the overall number of viewers actually ROSE nearly 18% for The Griffith Tecnique (from 1.74M, to 2.05M; 18-49 age group numbers stayed at .2).

What can I say, except many of us still love (or else, we’re addicted to) our soaps—day or night—and scandals seem to pique our interest faster than anything else. 😎

~•~•~•~•~•~

I’m going to take a moment to play “Devil’s Advocate” here, and—at the risk of starting a riot…or at least a lot of rants—ask a chew questions.

1. IF (and even I’ll admit it’s a big “IF”) Good Sam somehow is renewed, which characters do you want to see return?

2. Do you want to see any characters played by someone else?

3. How would you change the characters?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:43 pm

Hot Wheels wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:35 pm
It may be “too little, too late”, but the overall number of viewers actually ROSE nearly 18% for The Griffith Tecnique (from 1.74M, to 2.05M; 18-49 age group numbers stayed at .2).

What can I say, except many of us still love (or else, we’re addicted to) our soaps—day or night—and scandals seem to pique our interest faster than anything else. 😎

~•~•~•~•~•~

I’m going to take a moment to play “Devil’s Advocate” here, and—at the risk of starting a riot…or at least a lot of rants—ask a chew questions.

1. IF (and even I’ll admit it’s a big “IF”) Good Sam somehow is renewed, which characters do you want to see return?

2. Do you want to see any characters played by someone else?

3. How would you change the characters?
1. Lex, Griff, Sam, Vivian and Caleb - I like Lex’s boss from the ER also.
2. Not really but I would not mind if they wrote some characters out of the show and introduced some new ones.
3. Make me care about the characters in positive ways.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:19 am

1. I don't really like any of them, so I don't really care. I hope if Griff doesn't get the chief position, that he maybe will get some kind of other job elsewhere, and Jason can just come back as a guest appearance in one episode or something.
2. No, that would be really lame, as if we don't notice that there's another actor? Better write the character out of the series, and cast someone else in a different role.
3. Give them a private life, so maybe they act more professional at work. Make them less juvenile, and less selfish a** holes.

I'm not ranting, just answering Hot Wheel's questions. :bag:

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:09 am

thunder wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:19 am
1. I don't really like any of them, so I don't really care. I hope if Griff doesn't get the chief position, that he maybe will get some kind of other job elsewhere, and Jason can just come back as a guest appearance in one episode or something.
Jason—and the incredible range he’s shown (OK, mostly negative…but when he breaks away from that, it’s mind-blowing!)—is why I watch. There’s really no telling what he/Griff will do next (although I hope AA is in Griff’s future).
2. No, that would be really lame, as if we don't notice that there's another actor? Better write the character out of the series, and cast someone else in a different role.
Touché!
3. Give them a private life, so maybe they act more professional at work. Make them less juvenile, and less selfish a** holes.
See #2 😁
I'm not ranting, just answering Hot Wheels’s questions. :bag:

And so you did…! 😉

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:23 am

Marie wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:43 pm

1. Lex, Griff, Sam, Vivian and Caleb - I like Lex’s boss from the ER also.
Definitely the first four, plus Nurse Donna and maybe Asher…especially if he and Vivian can work things out. (I’m torn about whether I think Vivian should move forward, or give Griff another chance.)

Caleb??? Maybe, but he and Lex both need to find someone else!
2. Not really but I would not mind if they wrote some characters out of the show and introduced some new ones.
In the ER, I’d keep Dr. Vega, but not Dr. Kace; he, Joey & Isan all need to go!
3. Make me care about the characters in positive ways.
Paddles…STAT!!

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Mon May 02, 2022 6:48 am

As of 5/2/22, there’s been no decision, however, CBS—instead of starting reruns on 5/9/22—will show FBI.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/good ... d-yet/amp/

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:01 am

CBS—instead of starting reruns on 5/9/22—will show FBI.

Well that doesn't bode well. Of course, they've already rerun several episodes, so it would be overkill.

After watching the first several episodes, I wrote here that they should just cancel it. I HATED the constant bickering. But. The bickering stopped, and I found the show much more to my liking. So, I was back on board. Now I'm really hoping it does survive.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Helen8 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:01 am
CBS—instead of starting reruns on 5/9/22—will show FBI.

Well that doesn't bode well. Of course, they've already rerun several episodes, so it would be overkill.

After watching the first several episodes, I wrote here that they should just cancel it. I HATED the constant bickering. But. The bickering stopped, and I found the show much more to my liking. So, I was back on board. Now I'm really hoping it does survive.
So do I!!

Return to “Good Sam”