Our Next VP?

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

malfoygrandma

Our Next VP?

Post by malfoygrandma » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 am

:bat Have you seen the proud photos of the Republican Vice Presidential nominee, Sara Palin, with the wolves she killed with her very own rifle, from an airplane?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 am

Gives an all-new meaning to sportsmanship. Guess she didn't want to muss her hair.

malfoygrandma

Sara Palin

Post by malfoygrandma » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:10 am

Helen8 wrote:Gives an all-new meaning to sportsmanship. Guess she didn't want to muss her hair.
Right you are, dear! After all, she has been a beauty pageant entrant! Wonder if the wolves skins with heads still attached are the ones gracing her chairs at home as seen in photos!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:42 pm

After all, she has been a beauty pageant entrant!
. . . awarded Miss Congeniality, and runner-up.

Beauty is as beauty does, says I-- :spew2

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Can you imagine . . . this woman could be a hearbeat away from dealing with Putin and Iran and . . . now that's puke-worthy. :spew2

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Got this link from, of all places, the blog of an Iraq vet who appeared in Green Zone--
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eve-ensle ... 24829.html.

Eve Ensler, author of The Vagina Monologues, writes,
". . . Sarah believes in guns. She has her own custom Austrian hunting rifle. She has been known to kill 40 caribou at a clip. She has shot hundreds of wolves from the air.

Sarah believes in God. That is of course her right, her private right. But when God and Guns come together in the public sector, when war is declared in God's name, when the rights of women are denied in his name, that is the end of separation of church and state and the undoing of everything America has ever tried to be."

malfoygrandma

Top Facts about Palin!

Post by malfoygrandma » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:02 am

:cool: Found a wonderful website contains full citations for every Sarah Palin Fact. You can read more about her atrocities committed against wildlife in Alaska. Web page at : www.GrizzlyBay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:44 am

Oh Sarah Palin...
She scares me a little. She really does.
Just her believes are a little too..republican for me.
Sometimes I forget that she's JUST running for VP not for the presidency (Thank heavens)
When I see her it's like...John McWHO?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:28 pm

There's another full-page article in today's Washington Post concerning Palin's tenure as mayor of Wasilla (which then had a population of 5,500). Among other things, it points out that the office included supervision of 53 employees, and that she further diminished her own responsibilities "by hiring a deputy administrator to handle much of the town's day-to-day management. Her top achievement as mayor was the construction of an ice rink, a project that landed in the courts and cost the city more than expected."

A side-bar points out that the much vaunted tale of how Sarah "Barracuda" traveled to Iraq to honour her state's servicemembers is also crap--she went to Kuwait. Her campaign office insists that she ventured a quarter-mile over the border :clap. Oh, and her other "I'm a world-traveler" experience, her visit to Ireland? They stopped there for refueling.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:31 pm

She is such a liar. She lied in her speech. Everything was a lie.
Damn Sarah Palin...we don't want a liar as our VP.
Urgh...these republicans..
And also I heard that she wants to convert gays!!
That is the most...ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 pm

OMG I saw that video earlier today and I was dying.
Tina Fey looks exactly like Sarah Palin...and Amy Poehler as Hilary. Classic.

pat

Post by pat » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Has anybody seen St. Sarah and Dick Cheney in the same room? I suspect they are the same person (after all, you can put lipstick on Dick Cheney, but he's still a pig!)

I detest this woman; she is ignorant and a liar. She was a cynical choice by McSame and unfortunately some women have fallen for this gimmick.

If US voters want change, how can they fall for the same bullshit lies that we've heard for the last 8 years? I don't get it.

To keep my blood pressure from going through the roof, I keep tabs of the electoral votes and periodically send more money to Obama. Reading Huffpo helps, and does the Daily Kos.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:25 am

And read on . . .

A GOOD "READ"

If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire."
If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America.
White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic."
Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic."
Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless."
A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer growing your organization from a staff of 1 to 13 and your budget from $70,000 to $400,000, then become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new African Amerian voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, then spend nearly 8 more years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becoming chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, then spend nearly 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of nearly 13 million people, sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you are woefully inexperienced.

If you spend 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, then spend 20 months as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, then you've got the most executive experience of anyone on either ticket, are the Commander in Chief of the Alaska military and are well qualified to lead the nation should you be called upon to do so because your state is the closest state to Russia.

If you are a Democratic male candidate who is popular with millions of people you are an "arrogant celebrity".
If you are a popular Republican female candidate you are "energizing the base".

If you are a younger male candidate who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions you are "presumptuous".
If you are an older male candidate who makes last minute decisions you refuse to explain, you are a "shoot from the hip" maverick.

If you are a candidate with a Harvard law degree you are "an elitist-out of touch" with the real America.
if you are a legacy (dad and granddad were admirals) graduate of Anapolis, with multiple disciplinary infractions you are a hero.

If you manage a multi-million dollar nationwide campaign, you are an "empty suit".
If you are a part time mayor of a town of 7000 people, you are an "experienced executive".

If you go to a south side Chicago church, your beliefs are "extremist".
If you believe in creationism and don't believe global warming is man made, you are "strongly principled".

If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
If you have been married to the same woman with whom you've been wed to for 19 years and raising 2 beautiful daughters with, you're "risky".

If you're a black single mother of 4 who waits for 22 hours after her water breaks to seek medical attention, you're an irresponsible parent, endangering the life of your unborn child.
But if you're a white married mother who waits 22 hours, you're spunky.

If you're a 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton, the right-wing press calls you "First dog."
If you're a 17-year old pregnant unwed daughter of a Republican, the right-wing press calls you "beautiful" and "courageous."

If you kill an endangered species, you're an excellent hunter.
If you have an abortion your not a christian, you're a murderer ( forget about if it happen while being date raped.)

If you teach abstinence only in sex education, you get teen parents.
If you teach responsible age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

If you're a Republican senator who solicits gay sex in an airport bathroom, you get to return to your job in the Senate and are encouraged to run for re-election.
If you're a Democratic Senator who is out of public office and have an affair, your political career is over and your wife who has terminal cancer is to blame.

And finally:

Quiz question for the RNC, specifically those on the Religious Right.

Who is one of the most revered, and famous community organizers in history?

JESUS CHRIST

THIS IS ORIGINALLY AUTHORED AND CIRCULATED BY ELIZABETH BALLIS.

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 am

Dear Malfoy Grandma,

Thank you for posting that website.
I am speechless. Obviously, as a naturalist and wildlife rehabilitator, I find her disgusting and morally reprehensible. The pictures moved me to tears.
Why do people think that that kind of thing is okay??
Why do people insist on wiping out every other living thing we share our planet with??
Don't these folks realize that these are sentient creatures???

Here I was thinking that I just wouldn't vote for her on account of her not letting certain books to be carried on the shelves of the library of the town in which she held office. What a disgusting individual!

Return to “Political Material”